Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good, Bad, Ugly, and Strange...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good: Moe is alive as of two nights ago...

Bad: More trespassing on Hippie Ridge...

Ugly: I second guessed stand sites last Saturday night and Boss would have given me a 30 yard shot at 6:25...

Strange: Group of 5 does running together with no bucks in tow all week. Two bucks and two does at the corn on the 6th with no signs of a rut...

I'm headed back in now. I was going to give up on the farm after only seeing two small bucks this morning. But it has to kick off at some point and I want to be here for it. I'll shoot Boss given the chance, so I've got two targets out there still. Sooner or later I've got to have some luck coming my way...

Derek j

Knox Co.
Good luck Jesse!!! IF you can live with passing up Moe for Boss, then have at it! You will have horn in your hands very soon!!

Gordo

Athens County
How long was the moe hiatis? 10 days or so? Is he back to his old habits?

Just curious as my main buck has vanished from the cams the past week. Dont know where the dude went.

Good news for you! Good luck

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Moe was gone for 18 days. He cruised past a community scrape at 11PM on the 8th and visited the feed site in the bottom late on the 6th. He's not hanging around like he had been, but at least he is alive...

I found tracks from a 250 dirt bike last weekend and know who it is, but I'll end up in a fist fight if I corner the guy. We've got beef dating back a ways. Dad said to let it ride until he does it again. I got pics of a guy on a Foreman Sunday and I think I can find out who that is pretty easy. Gonna call the landowners and see if they'll press charges if I deliver the people to them.

epe

Lancaster
Nothing worse than tresspassers.. If you want, you can borrow my yz 250 to chase him down. :) Can't ride it anymore since I messed up my knee.