Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

heading to Illinois

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
A friend called me yesterday and invited me to IL to hunt the duck lease he and his uncles belong too. Since I was lucky enough to fill my buck tag I figured what the hell. So after work we are driving out and hunting Fri-sun. Its a 500 field of standing corn flooded with heated pit blinds and stoves . They have been hammering the pintail and mallards all week. I will try and make it a semi live type of hunt and keep this thread updated with pictures and reports

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Congrats on the invite.... you should have a good time.... what part of the state? I lived outside of champagne/urbana for a few years up in rantoul Illinois @ chanute afb..... about 60 south of Chicago....

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds amazing, buddy... I'm definitely jealous. That's the type of duck hunt that dreams are made of. Go get 'em!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Just made it thru Indianapolis, got a ways to go. I guess this club is about 5 miles south of foiles old club.

matt hougan

Dayton area
Thats a good area, lots of ducks this time of year. Foiles would do most of his mallard shooting near Thanksgiving. Cant wait to aee some pictures.

Last edited:

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
We had a so-so hunt , we limited on mallards yesterday tho. Fri the hole was iced over in the morning then it got bright and sunny. Friday we killed mallards,pintails,gadwalls,and shovelers. Yesterday we had mallards,pintails,and gadwalls. We are driving back now. This morning sucked. Pretty neat tho hunting the heart of the anyway. Even with crappy sunny conditions ya still see thousands of birds. Most are super high tho.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
The blind...