Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I can't win...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've been pushing my vacation back and back and back trying to time things right. Now I look at the weather when I'm committed to the next 5 days of hunting and it is nothing but mild weather and WIND! SON OF A BITCH!!! There is nothing I hate more than hunting in the wind. It's time to become a waterfowler because this deer hunting thing ain't working out...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Looks like I'll hunt Thursday through Sunday now and save the day I planned to use Monday for later in the week. Might go Thursday through Sunday again...

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I'll be out ALL day on Friday, and it's looks like it will be nice in Northwest Ohio. Good luck.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
After this rain I would be in a stand man. If it hasn't blown up in your area it should with the temp drop and nasty weather. And the cloud cover at night will be a blessing to cover that moon forcing more daytime activity wind or no.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
After this rain I would be in a stand man. If it hasn't blown up in your area it should with the temp drop and nasty weather. And the cloud cover at night will be a blessing to cover that moon forcing more daytime activity wind or no.

Yep! I have a feeling there will be some monster bucks hitting the dirt this weekend.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I would be out this weekend rain or shine. When I saw that 155 I missed it was a rainy mildly windy day. Its going to pop at the end of the week

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I have seen 4 big bucks today in my work travels. 3 of them were locked down on does in fencerows and brush in fields with a couple smaller bucks around them.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Just put it in the rut stories but I'm out checking cams and grabbing a seat cushion I used sat and sun on sits where I didn't see anything. One buck dogging a doe uphill from my cam grunting up a storm.

When going to grab the cushion I almost got ran over by a 140 class 10 dogging a doe..

Kaboom! Its on here in central Ohio.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yeah Joe, I saw your post right when I found out I had no sitter this evening.
Anyway, to go along with Jesse, I just put in for a personal day Friday then saw the forecast changed from winds of 8 mph to now 16 mph. That sucks!
But, I circled Nov 11 a long time ago and I'm sticking with it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am going to have to find a sitter tomorrow night. Kids are off school Friday and I am home with them. I AT LEAST have to make it out an evening or two this week. Ugh. Hearing this stuff sucks! Not helping me get my work done either.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
The drive from the job to my house was incredible. 3 bucks hit between Sunburn and Delaware within the last 6 hours. Saw many chases going on west of Alum.