Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How many times do you have that feeling of...

huntn2

Hudson, OH
How many times in the woods do you have that feeling/realization that "I am an idiot"?

Got to my stand this morning pulled my jacket out of my pack, put it on, went to hook my rope to my bow and thought "I am a fuggin idiot!!!" It was then I realized I can't shoot a deer without an arrow which is in my quiver which is still in the backseat of my truck.

Hauled ass back to the truck and then back to the stand. It is a half mile each way. Therefore, when I got into the stand I was sweaty which made for a chilly morning.

Just after finally getting settled in I did see a deer moving through some you growth. Couldn't tell what it was. A little while later I had a half racked fork horn come through nose to the ground. Nothing else. Found a couple new scrapes and a few nice rubs. Moved some cameras to hopefully shed some more light to the movement on this property.

2011-11-06 11.18.50.jpg2011-11-06 11.18.57.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You don't even know dude! I was the ultimate monkey fugging a football last night trying to hang my Millennium. I was sweating like hell, hanging on for dear life, and made way to much noise and commotion for 30 minutes before I got pissed and went to another stand. I solved the problem sitting on the couch this morning, so I should be up there and hunt ready before TOO long!

try walking into your stand before daylight have the buck i couldnt get close enough the other come in while your watching turkeys come in from my left , when i turned back to watch the clear cut there he stood 20 yards staring dead at me caught my movement and he was off like a prom dress