Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Boom.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well my buddy and I were hunting his Dad's property outside of Damascus Ohio and he was at the front of the property and I was all the way in the back.... About 7:25 I hear this loud explosion and when I say it was loud it was really loud... Scared the living sh!t out of me.... I text my buddy and ask what the hell was that???? He said no idea but it almost sounded like a gas well went up in flames... Lots of smoke too the north of us and then the sirens started.... I've been looking on the net too see if any reports have been posted and haven't found any yet.... Probably have too wait for the morning paper too see what the hell it was... Probably why I didn't see any deer today rotflmao

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
There a bunch of them in the area as well Joe.... looked around for about a half hour on the net nothing posted so far... there's probably 10-15 in about a 2 mile square....

Huckleberry Finn

I've never heard/seen a grain bin blow, other than pictures...sure is dangerous though...wonder what it coulda been.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Could be Dan. They off with a good boom and burn crazy hot if I remember right. Not sure what color the smoke would have been after though. I was thinking natural gas explosion from a gas leak in a house, but with all the black smoke afterword I would think not. Huge boom, little to no fire generally.

Derek j

Knox Co.
Could have been meth lab or oil tank. Both will burn thick black smoke. The meth lab because of the contents in the home/barn/trailer. Usually a lot of combustibles inside. They don't care about fire safety and life safety......just the next batch that's cooking.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Not one thing in the paper this morning...... Went to the differant Fire Dept pages and nothing...... Don't get it....

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Cover up? Black helicopters? Ninjas?

Maybe they were coming for you since you have spoken TOO and know that the Lopeman is still active. lmao

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I guess that it was an oil well... Posted the question on the Fire Dept's FB page and they said oil well and they still can't find the tank lol.... Like I said it was a huge explosion lol.... Musta been a lot of shrapnel laying around lol... So far no injuries from what I can see so that's good no one injured.... About 5 years ago a property we rabbit hunt had a tank get struck by lightning, the property owner said it went off like a roman candle tank flew a couple hundred feet in the air and landed about 500 yards away in an open field.... He said it's a sight he'll never forget.... Now that I think about it seems it was in the the same township???