Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

When opportunity knocks, Answer the door!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Since I had filled my buck tag this week I had no plans of hunting today. I slept in, had breakfast and was playing round with Kai. I was getting ready to take him outside when I saw deer crossing the rd into the woods behind the house. I hurriedly threw on a camo jacket and grabbed the elite and snuck out the back door. I could catch glimpses of the deer moving around in the timber as I slipped into the woods. I paused to contemplate my next move when i saw movement coming back my way. Here came a big doe! She had been bumped by a small buck. I drew and mouth bleat to stop her. She stops broadside at 20ish yrs and with the family watching from the house i put one in her pumphouse . A half HR later Kai and I take up the trail and find her piled up a hundred or so yds away

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Gotta love that! Nice job! Wish my hunts would start going as "easy" as you have made yours seem this year. Sometimes that is just the way it goes I guess.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Thanks guys. It just goes that way sometimes. I have shot 4 big nannies and that buck this yr...I gotta assess my tag situation.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Just doin a little more shooting and less watching this yr. I am ready to start shooting some ducks and geese soon.