Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

17" or 20"

matt hougan

Dayton area
I bought a used Horton Hunter Supreme awhile back for the kids to shoot and hunt with. Today I bought some 100 Muzzy broadheads and put them together. Several boxes of Horton arrows came with the bos so I started looking and there are two different sizes 17" and 20". Which would you guys think would perform better. My thinking is the heavier 20" arrow would have more energy but only by the smallest of margins.

The plan is to take the kids down to Spring Valley and get this and the 1100 LT 20 sighted in. If I have timer perhaps I can shoot both the 17 and the 20's and judge for myself.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Yeah, I would just see what shoots better and then hopefully it is the 17"era. That way you can cut the rest down.

I think most Hortons are made to shoot 20 inch arrows. I've found that 17 inch do work but they don't seem to stabalize as fast as 20 inch. Also I like my arrows hanging a long way past the stirrup for saftey reasons. If somthing went haywire at the time of the shot the broadhead is a long way past the stirrup. Somthing you may want to consider with the youngsters.