Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I had to laugh...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I stopped at Dunhams during lunch to grab some face paint. I parked beside a newer F-150 Raptor covered in mud with a local archery shop sticker on the back. There was an original model G5 Prime with Viper sight on the seat, so I take notice and head inside. In the hunting section, I run into a dude with a backwards Hurley hat, plaid button up, and designer jeans with a cart full of shit. I chuckled and said to myself: "There's the driver of the Raptor..."

I shop around a little, then head to the register with my face paint only to get in line behind Mr. GQ himself. As he empties his cart, I can't help my LOL a little and the guy in front of me turns and shows he is thinking the same thing I am. Mr. GQ is gonna slay a monster this week, guaranteed!!!

2 - Moultrie GameSpy IR cams
4 - Bags of Crushed Beets (Lee and Tiffany gimmick)
1 - Complete set of Scent Block layers
2 - Bow hangers deluxe sets
1 - Tinks scrape dripper with scent
1 - Bottle of Golden Estrous
1 - Sick wick
1 - Double pack of EverCalm Deer Herd stick
1 - Econo sized Dead Down Wind spray

And a partridge in a pear tree... lmao

Total bill: $374!!! :smiley_clap:

100% he kills a buck buck soon. I mean, with all that shit, the deer will run in, grab his arrow and thrust it in the 10 ring, then run right to the truck and hop in the bed to die. Done deal Lucille!!!

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
All I want to know is what kind of face paint does dunhams down there carry? I need some new..

Only has the Dead Down wind version, which is $3 more than Wal-Mart. Which as luck would have it, was out of the kind I use. I had some around, but can't find it to save my ass...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
We call them Wal-Mart hunters. Sounds like you found a high folutin one.. He's like the B&C of "just add woods" hunters.

epe

Lancaster
Only has the Dead Down wind version, which is $3 more than Wal-Mart. Which as luck would have it, was out of the kind I use. I had some around, but can't find it to save my ass...

Does that come off easy? The stuff I have you have to rub skin raw to get the chit off.

Huckleberry Finn

Note to self...don't wear designer jeans and button down to SR next year...

hahaha.

---
Jesse, as an experienced sportsman you watched him purchase all that stuff...and you didn't encourage him to get an Acorn Cruncher? Come 'on bro! Encourage the sport! And how's he gonna kill a deer without that.

Huckleberry Finn

As for the facepaint, I picked up a thing of the Mossy Oak brand, it works well and comes off easier than the Hunter's Speciality stuff.

saddlepants

central Ohio
did he have any of that RUT energy drink empties rollin around on the floor?? lol.

As for the face paint I know its hard for you guys to listen but I was in the army and the guys there finally listened and got tired of fighting it. LOTION, FACE CREAM or what I have been using for you guys that dont wanna use your wifes stuff and smell pretty...Dead down wind has a nice thick lotion that smells like fermenting vegetation and is actually really good stuff during hunt time. Smear that shit all over your face paint and leave it alone for only about three minutes and then just wipe that shit off with a towel or dry washcloth, changing places on the cloth as you go. Really you will get that stuff off in minutes and your face will like you better for it.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Army camo huh... Yeah lotion helps. But that metal tube will still cut the shit out of you face. lmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Remember when the cap would come off that metal tube of camo paint and it would get sand in it.. Next time you went to put it on was like using sand paper.. lmao And if you didn't keep you finger in the tube it would slide back in and you would rake that tube across your face... Ahhh those were the days.. lmao