Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Roadkill

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My brother in law sent me this pics today. This was hit in Richmond (Jeff Co) right by his house. Not a giant, but a nice buck. Sucks...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320372134.738158.jpg

djohn9713

Was driving around the SE side of Cleveland today, near where my wife works. She mentioned a good-size, headless deer on the side of 271 about a week ago. Saw it today with the head cleanly cut off.

Am I correct to assume someone stopped to get the head off a buck? If someone stopped to remove the head, you sure would think road crews could stop and get the remainder of the animal.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
ODNR is taking heads and testing for CWD.
When they do it they move it out of sight or down in the ditch away from the road. It's far more likely that someone just stopped and cut it off.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Was driving around the SE side of Cleveland today, near where my wife works. She mentioned a good-size, headless deer on the side of 271 about a week ago. Saw it today with the head cleanly cut off.

Am I correct to assume someone stopped to get the head off a buck? If someone stopped to remove the head, you sure would think road crews could stop and get the remainder of the animal.

They stopped removing deer year's ago. Now they simply remove the one's posing a safety hazard and then they only drag it away from the road. It's only in neighborhoods or business areas that they take them away now.

Reactions: djohn9713