Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

10/29 buck

weeks0394

I harvested this buck on the evening of 10/29. He came in chasing two does.

Attachments

• 2011-10-30_08-01-31_843.jpg
    2011-10-30_08-01-31_843.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 223

weeks0394

Thanks guys...didn't post a good story because of some difficulties with my phone. I went out to a stand at around 330 this past Saturday and at about 400 I heard someone shooting a shotgun a few hundred yards off. After a few minutes I heard several shots and decided to leave and go home because I was already depressed about hunting til 11 that morning seeing nothing at a different location. On my four wheeler ride out I decided to just suck it up and hunt another stand that is about a half a mile away from the one I heard all the shots from. I got settled in and did some calling with no luck then at about 545 I had a doe come in acting nervous and looking back. Five minutes or so went by and another doe showed up acting the same way then another five minutes or so he showed up and after watching him a while he gave me a slightly quartering 25 yard shot. After the shot it started to look like rain so about 10 minutes after the shot I got down to mark blood and when I found blood I realized he went 40 yards or so and bedded down and he took off running but I could tell he was hurting so I decided to wait until Sunday morning when my best friend, and hunting partner, went out to find him. We were worried because it did rain hard briefly sat night but we found him 20 yards from where I last saw him take off from. Then to top it off Sunday I busted the coolant tank on my four wheeler dragging him out and lost my wedding ring field dressing him that I found on Tuesday thanks to a friend with a metal detector.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congrats man, that a nice buck! Thanks for sharing your story TOO! There's plenty of drama that happened that day to make the memory of it stand out.......and you got a nice buck to top iit off! Congrats again!

I agree with Jesse TOO! Love that bone color!

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Good hunt and good story, way to stick with it.
Glad you found that ring too, that could have been a problem!
Outstanding buck!