Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Safety Section

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I'm thinking we need a Safety Section, maybe in the Knowledge Section.
A section where guys could share stories about their tips and experiences regarding safety issues surrounding gun hunting/handling, bow issues, boating, vehicle, and just about anything else that could influence the outdoor experience. Home safety too.

"Near misses", mishaps, and other shared experiences could inform us all and remind us of this most important aspect of outdoorsmanship. Safety is part of sportsmanship.

(I just read something really fuggin stupid that made me think of this.) :smiley_chinrub:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
It's not about calling people out - it's about sharing lessons learned, talking about safety in an informative way to help other sportsmen and yourself.

saddlepants

central Ohio
I'm not so sure if we have enough for a dedicated forum. And dumping it in a sub forum kind of hides it. This is kind of the topics i think would fit well in the Hunting School 101 forum.

http://www.theohiooutdoors.com/forumdisplay.php?11-Huntin-School-101

My goal with that place was to make it a one stop shop for everything you might need to know about hunting.

Yeah but Not all of us can post in there?? It wont let me post in there. I like the safety sharing forum idea

saddlepants

central Ohio
We'll i didn't know that... lol You guys gotta tell me these things.

I just assumed it was a premium member thing. Another forum I used to belong to you didnt get to post in some places that were only for "supporting members" Yeah I just tried to respond to one in there and it said Im just not privileged:smiley_depressive: enough

Last edited:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
So we start a safety thread in the Hunting 101 and you make it a sticky?
That would turn into a big thread -
Need some way to break it down by topic

Or - we just make each new topic it's own thread in the 101, labeled "Safety Topic - __________"
ie
"Safety Topic - Tree Stands and Harness Info"
"Safety Topic - Gun Handling Incidents"
"Safety Topic - Don't do this...."

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So we start a safety thread in the Hunting 101 and you make it a sticky?
That would turn into a big thread -
Need some way to break it down by topic

Or - we just make each new topic it's own thread in the 101, labeled "Safety Topic - __________"
ie
"Safety Topic - Tree Stands and Harness Info"
"Safety Topic - Gun Handling Incidents"
"Safety Topic - Don't do this...."

Yep. That would be the easiest way. If you have something to share safety related then create a new topic for it.