Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

School At my age, this english is dumb

saddlepants

central Ohio
I just need a rant. Annotated Bibliography is stupid and it sucks...why do I have to do something that I didn't even knew existed because I really didn't care in the first place. And whoever reads that crap anyways?? You read a story or an article and your done. You have your opinion and I have mine...who gives a rats ass where you went to school or where you got your information. Sigh..I'm to old for this.:smiley_blablabla:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
School is nothing but proving you can play along. IMHO, that piece of paper on my wall is just that. It doesn't prove anything other than the fact I played by the rules for four years...

saddlepants,
I feel your pain, as I've got 6 months of OEPA schooling to go through, for a test in May. I already know the job, but this test (if I pass it) will give me a higher license and more pay. As with anything with the EPA, it's all about the money.

I can't get started talking about this crap...it'll just piss me off and I'll write another 5 pages. :smiley_arrogant:

Bowhunter57

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Similar to Jesse, my thoughts are a degree shows one has the ability to learn something. Doesn't really matter what that something is in the working world. Could be as minimal as you learned to "play by the rules". Could be very technical.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Similar to Jesse, my thoughts are a degree shows one has the ability to learn something. Doesn't really matter what that something is in the working world. Could be as minimal as you learned to "play by the rules". Could be very technical.

Yeah, don't be me wrong, someone that's a doctor did more than play by the rules. Then there's someone like me. I had to have 192 hours I think to graduate, a grand total of 24 hours (6 classes) were actual Marketing courses. Yet, I have a BA in Marketing after all that BS and it's a joke IMO. The biggest thing college gave me was the chance to grow for four more years. I was able to work out some kinks, mature a little, and experience things I would not have otherwise...

Huckleberry Finn

Yeah, don't be me wrong, someone that's a doctor did more than play by the rules. Then there's someone like me. I had to have 192 hours I think to graduate, a grand total of 24 hours (6 classes) were actual Marketing courses. Yet, I have a BA in Marketing after all that BS and it's a joke IMO. The biggest thing college gave me was the chance to grow for four more years. I was able to work out some kinks, mature a little, and experience things I would not have otherwise...

Shit! I've got a minor that's 24 and another that's 18. Minors. Majors are 64 and up...plus a required 32