Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

mr coyote knows something i dont know

he is dead i garuntee it , it was a straight on shot , maybe 15 yards found hair and blood but no arrow heard him take off through the corn and the sound of him hitting the stalks stopped about 40 to 50 yards into the field was waiting on the second one to double back but it never did and i didnt have a light on me to track him into the corn field ,so when in doubt back out , or in my case when to chicken shit to look for a bow shot coyote in the dark back out......... for some reason when the arrow hit him and he let out a hair raising howl , children of the corn kept playing over and over in my mind.....lol

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Yeah I'm sure he's dead. Same thing my coyote did last year when shot with a bow, nasty howl and kep the arrow in him and went about 40 yards. If not you would have heard him thrashing corn and raising hell. Good luck finding him.

funny thing was i didnt see any deer but did manage to loose an arrow at a turkey and a squirrel , the dam squirrel was above me in the tree and i was on the ground beside a fence that borderd the corn field , well the squirrel was raising hell above me so i raised hell back figureing he already screwed my last hour or less of shootign time , so i got the rattle bag out the grunt tube and the doe in a can , and im making as much noise as i can muster up to piss off this squirrel ( i was bored ) it wasnt 3 minutes and the two yotes busted out of the corn field right in front of me at 15 yards , has any one ever heard of them coming in to something like that

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
funny thing was i didnt see any deer but did manage to loose an arrow at a turkey and a squirrel , the dam squirrel was above me in the tree and i was on the ground beside a fence that borderd the corn field , well the squirrel was raising hell above me so i raised hell back figureing he already screwed my last hour or less of shootign time , so i got the rattle bag out the grunt tube and the doe in a can , and im making as much noise as i can muster up to piss off this squirrel ( i was bored ) it wasnt 3 minutes and the two yotes busted out of the corn field right in front of me at 15 yards , has any one ever heard of them coming in to something like that

Hope you got a turkey tag, otherwise, you might wanna edit the above statement.

Glad you shot one of them bastards, there's way TOO many coyotes running around...

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
UK - lemme get this straight....you shot at a squirrel, in the tree ABOVE you....where did the arrow go? In the squirrel? In the tree? In an arc to land a few hundred yards away?
One word to think about - gravity.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

squirrel was on the ground i was in the tree ill post pics up later , found my arrow from the coyote the back 3rd of my arrow is missing , but still havent found him yet

So which is it man? lol

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320357445.661207.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am with Dan. Come on Mark, quit making stuff up. Did you even go look for the coyote? Did you even shoot at one?