Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Work Boots

Huckleberry Finn

What brand of (leather) work boots do you wear and would recommend?

I bought a pair of Wolverines 4 years ago and wore them casually for a year, and then built barns for a summer, a summer doing bins, and another on the farm. I bought an identical pair three years ago and have worn them casually. Both pairs need to be replaced, but actually the pair I've worn casually are worse than the pair I've worked in! I really like them, but they don't have this boot anymore. I'm leaning towards getting the "newer" style but wanted to see if there were any other suggestions/steals out there.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm currently wearing Rocky Aztecs, but I'm not a big fan of them honestly. I'll be switching back to Wolverine ContourWelts once this pair wears out.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I wear rocky slip on's, i'm not sure on the actual type. It's really nice having the slip on style and not having to worry about tying them

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Combat boots steel toe and standard for the last 32 years.... just saying..... they are a little pricey though.... :)

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I go through a pair of steel toe boots every year. I wear them everyday for work and it's a mix between concrete and office area. Seems like I've tried almost every brand known to man since I was little, even the old herman survivors.

My favorites out of all of them were Timberland 6" (don't remember name), and my current Danner 6" (again, don't know model name).

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Red Wing boots are what everybody up here wears..including myself. They have a full line of boots to choose from. They are comfortable and wear good.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
x2 on the Rocky Ironclads. I used to wear nothing but Redwings. Seems they don't last nearly as long as they used to. Not sure how they are making them now, but whatever changes they made have shortened my life expectancy out of them. I used to get 2-3 years out of Redwings but now only get one. I switched tot he Rocky Ironclads and see about the same usage and life expectancy but they are about $50 cheaper. Both are comfortable.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I really like them, but they don't have this boot anymore.

Which ones? I wear the wolverine pull ons and love them. I have the black ones that have a heel on them, the flat bottom boots get to slippery in the winter.

If they stopped making my boots I'm gonna blow a gasket, this is my second pair and they are about due to be replaced and I intended to buy another pair.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I'm the same as Gern. Redwing boots. The break-in was pretty easy and I have seen guys still wearing the same pair for many years. You just have to keep up on cleaning and applying the waterproofer and they will last awhile.