Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shaved his belly

tit1eist2

NW ohio
Well after working all weekend I finally got back out this morning. Ive had a deer on camera walking up the corn and the woods and crossing my camera and I've been just waiting for him to do it while I was there. Well about 8:45 this morning he did exactly what I expected him to. I've got 2 lanes to shoot there and thought the one was about 25 yards. I never got a great look at his rack just saw he was a shooter and got ready. I stopped him in the 2nd lane and put my 20 pin right on the money thinking I'll either hit his heart or if he drops double lung. Well I shot and actually thought I got him in the heart. He didn't act hit though so i waited and got down. I shaved about 5 white hairs right off his belly. No blood. Pretty dejected but I've only seen 1 deer all year while hunting this spot but thought I knew what this guy was doing. I'm not sure what deer it was I'm assuming it's one of the 2 below. Duane's Woods 012.jpg
I'll be back out tonight then probably heading south for the weekend.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
That sucks man!! Keep at it though... the rut is right here and he will shortly forget all about that shot and focus on one thing!!