Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Earache help

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Anybody got a good remedy for an earache? sitting in the stand this afternoon and my left ear started hurtin like hell! sittin here on the couch with a heating pad on the side of my head, need a good quick remedy to get get rid of this!! I dont need to be puttin up with this for my whole vacation, Thanks

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Don't really have any remedies, as I've only had one ear ache in my life. Do be careful in a treestand if you go back out though, I know ear ache's can cause light headedness and dizziness, not good things to have in a treestand. Get to feeling better buddy.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Get a hairdryer and turn it on high heat and low fan setting and put it up close to the ear and turn it on for a few minutes..... Works like a champ..... I've heard about the pee thing but have never brought myself too try it lol....

Just googled and found this on the urine in the ear:

Fresh Urine!: Use 1 tsp of fresh urine and instilled in the ear and cover with a cotton ball. Believe it or not, the ear ache will go within 15 minutes. This may sound weird! But when all else fails, why not give it a try!

Last edited:
buck buster . i get a bout with inner ear infection about every fall of the year . the only thing that works for me is an antibiotic (spelling) i usualy bum some from a family member . i hate dr,s if i dont get mine taken care of i get to where i cant set up . i lose all my ballance . if it dont stop . go to an urgent care or something for meds .

saddlepants

central Ohio
Grab $65 and go to a Little clinic at Krogers or a mini clinic at walgreens. They will get you in and out with no fuss, proper meds to get you better asap. Dont put friggin urine in your ear although sweet oil warmed will ease the pain till you get meds.

Grab $65 and go to a Little clinic at Krogers or a mini clinic at walgreens. They will get you in and out with no fuss, proper meds to get you better asap. Dont put friggin urine in your ear although sweet oil warmed will ease the pain till you get meds.

dont put urine in your ear? is that any time or just during ear aches?

Bucknut

Belpre, Ohio
SP is right. If it hurts purely from being out in the cold wind then urine, sweet oil and I have even tried warmed honey will take away the pain. But if its an infection and antibiotic absolutely needed. Coming from a nurse earaches/infections arent something to take lightly. As Greg said, it will screw up your equilibrium and potentially cause you to fall out of your stand. If it hurts...after the urine/sweet oil/honey....get it checked!

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Went to urgent care last night and got some antibiotics, the blow dryer thing worked but it started hurting again shortly after and sorry Jesse just couldn't bring myself to put pee in my ear, thanks for all the help folks, gonna kick this in the ass real quick, got deer to kill!! lol

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I get earaches too often. Assuming you have fluid in your middle ear that is causing the pressure on your eardrum, you may also want to regularly take an anti-inflamitory like motrin until you get better. This helps shrink swelling in your sinuses around your eustachian tubes and allow them to open and help equalize pressure.