Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Cyclone Rake: One badass machine

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Well, it's that time of year again......leaf pick up. Last year I decided raking was too much work for my property and bought a Cyclone Rake after seeing it on a TV commercial......let me tell you that this machine is worth every penny! I have it attached to my Ferris ZTR and this combination works awesome. I also bought the 17 foot hose extension to clean up around the house and buildings.

What do you guys use for leaf clean up?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
man i have always told myself i needed one of those. dam maple trees anyway. your a lucky man Gern.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
How many acres before each dump?

It depends really on how many leaves are on the ground and how much grass you are cutting at the same time.....I would say I can do 1 acre on average before dumping.....everything is ground up into such fine pieces that it goes into the hopper very compacted, so it holds quite a bit. I have cleaned up the yard about 4 times already in the last week and it only takes less than an hour each time.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
That's some A+ mulch material. With that much surface area, it will decompose quickly.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I use a blower to clean off the driveway and to clean out the landscaping. Then I used the John Deere to mulch up everything and end up raking a couple times on each mowing. This year's leaf pickup went well since they came off early. I'd like to have vac, but it really isn't something I have to have right now. Looks like a badass setup though!!!