Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

After four years.........

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
After four years (actually I did deer hunt in 2006) I spent yesterday afternoon in a tree stand overlooking a Knox county bean field.

I took my nephew out, it was his first time deer hunting. We saw seven deer (two small baskets) and about 25 turkey. Man it was cold though. The stand we sat always gets drilled with cold air when the wind is blowing. Regardless we sucked it up until the end of legal shooting time.

It was very nice to be in the woods. There's something different about sitting in a treestand, I think it's the peace and tranquility that comes from sitting and waiting.

My nephew (10 years old) squirmed a good deal, got impatient and kept asking were the deer were, but he had a good time too.

A button buck did die last night, but not at my hand. My friends grandson shot it with a string gun.

I'm not going out today, but I'll be hitting it again Monday morning.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Glad to hear you made it back to the states safely and are enjoying a little bit of deer hunting!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Welcome back TF.. In your honor i almost shot this little fella yesterday evening.. Then realized JD would prolly kill me.. lmao..

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Major... Congrats on getting out and in the stand.... Soothes all wounds don't it!!!!! That's why I enjoy just sitting there with no pressures lol.... Of course I have too screen my calls wisely hahahaha..... When you heading back????

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Glad to hear you got some good Ohio tree time buddy.

I hope you get a crack at a good one while your home. Just remember the cheetos to have in the harvest pic or for bait. Either way will work lol.

Good Luck TF !!!!!!

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
I didn't hunt Sunday, hunted Monday am, about 60 minutes in the afternoon until a thunderstorm rolled in and my tree stand broke (see different thread about old stands), and this morning was the last sit. Aside from Saturday evenings hunt I didn't see a single deer. It's all good though because it was nice to be in the woods. I'm headed back tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to returning to the states next summer. So far it looks like we're getting orders to Mechanicsburg, PA and will be arriving in July.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I didn't hunt Sunday, hunted Monday am, about 60 minutes in the afternoon until a thunderstorm rolled in and my tree stand broke (see different thread about old stands), and this morning was the last sit. Aside from Saturday evenings hunt I didn't see a single deer. It's all good though because it was nice to be in the woods. I'm headed back tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to returning to the states next summer. So far it looks like we're getting orders to Mechanicsburg, PA and will be arriving in July.

Good for you.... Congrats on the Mechanicsburg PCS...... At least you'll be fairly close too some good deer hunting :smiley_clap: