Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

U gotta be freaking kidding me!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
With limited time to hunt this yr every time out is precious. I was on my way to a killer spot for my AM hint today only to have the bearing cap on my trucks u joint come off. Luckily I was able to turn around and slowly limp towards home . Guess i am gonna hunt the farm right by my house this morning. It gets some pressure but least I have a couple pics of a solid shooter there. I just don't have much faith in the spot. Guess i will do get another u joint midday and try and get the truck road worthy again....Maybe this is gods way of steering me to a big one? At this point who knows.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hang in there Carpn. Maybe the good Lord was keeping you out of harm's way? Could have been a semi driver asleep at the wheel with your name on his bumper this morning? Nobody knows. Good luck hunting!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That sucks man. Always seems to be something that gets in the way of hunting and some days are worse then others. I hope everything works out and you can get back in the woods to that 20' platform buddy.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ouch. That must've been what was making the noise last time I rode with you, huh? Hopefully you got it squared away man.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Yeah, I had fixed it since then but something came loose in there and it slung the bearing cap onto rt 30. I got a new u joint Saturday morning after I hunted and had it fixed quickly . Even took a break to shoot a groundhog in the yd.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yeah, I had fixed it since then but something came loose in there and it slung the bearing cap onto rt 30. I got a new u joint Saturday morning after I hunted and had it fixed quickly . Even took a break to shoot a groundhog in the yd.

Nice!