Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Hunt Eve...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It's in the air fellas. I've waited patiently to get the conditions we're getting tomorrow, for one long ass year!!!

I'm a ritualistic kind of guy and nothing is as sacred to me as the night before the big hunt. Being a bowhunter, we are afforded several nights a season similar to this one. Tonight, I drank a few beers in the garage with Pandora on the Chili Peppers station, and christened the gear for what I pray will be an awesome few days for all of us on TOO. We all have our own rituals and firing up the "smoke house" has become one of my favorites!!!

Tomorrow night, I'll be in a tree on the south edge of an E/W ridge with a steady N-NW wind. I'm exactly 50 yards downwind of the ridge top flat in my sanctuary. This is where I have pics of everyone this summer and fall. I've decided to pass on any buck but Moe until the 12th of November. In the next 16 days, I'll spend part or all of my daylight hours in his wheelhouse for 13 of them. If I suck it up like usual, I'll be happy with any 4.5 I have pics of come the 12th. I feel good, but it'll be a constant fight to keep the doubt from creeping in. We're all due and Lord has GOT to know by now that I got one coming my way!!! lmao

Good luck to everyone this weekend. Be safe. Give thanks. Learn. And aim small, miss small. It is a pleasure to share our virtual deer camp with you all. The next month is gonna be a WILD ride around these parts!!! :smiley_clap:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319679842.565937.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319679842.565937.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
In the words of Ray Lewis...

"What time is it?!?!".... "Game time!"

Time to get after it now, fellas. The pinnacle of autumn is nearly upon us.

Ohiobowhunter1

Columbus
The waiting is over! I am sending good luck too you Jesse! Enjoy each moment on stand, remember every sunrise, cherish every sunset and I know you will succeed!