Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First day out.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well Austin and I made it out this morning. Say a doe right at day light. She smelled something she didn't like and skirted us. She never really full on spooked, she just knew there wasn't something right and decided to go another direction. Saw 4 turkeys and enough squirrels to shake a stick at. One groundhog and small 6 point buck on our way out of the woods.

Something else we found on our way out that I have never seen before. We found an area that had blood. But it seemed more like urine with blood in it. It was only in a small area about 4 square inches. I am unsure but do does actually bleed into there urine like they are having a period? I have never heard of this before but then again I never really asked. Just curious as to what you guys think it might be. :smiley_chinrub:

It sure was great to be back out in the woods chasing deer. :smiley_bril:

blemas

Summit County
That is what I love about hunting, every time you go out in the woods you have the potential to see things that you have never seen before. The REALLY cool thing is that you got to share it with your son. My boy just turned 5, I cant wait to get him out in the blind with me.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Sounds like a great morning!
Take lots of picts. I can't tell you how many times I've gone back to enjoy the ones I took of my daughter when we started deer hunting .

No idea reguarding the blood.