Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Fisherman Murderer dies

Schu72

Streetsboro
The first victim was killed only a few miles from where I did most of my hunting back in high school. I was a senior when this was happening. Being that age I really didn't think about it much, but it had my mom freaked out.

Huckleberry Finn

I'd think it'd be a dateline or a 20/20, I'll have to look into it more. I've never heard of it until now...these guys get put away and then society quickly forgets what happens.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yeah some of the areas I hunted back then where affected by this pos and the wife would freak out about it when I went out deer hunting by myself.... I always told her that's why I'm heavily insured.... it never stopped me from doing what I loved to do....

in 1990 i wanted a toyota pickup but there were no dealers close. my son was going to akron u. at the time and he found me a 1989 red toyota pickup. it was red and had roll bar with lights on roll bar. i was only one in my area that had one at that time. i was at work and my buddy mike called my wife and said he was going fishing at twin lakes just outside hopedale and told her i could meet him there that he was going early. i wasn't going to go because it was a football night but my wife talked me into going. so as i was driving up hill on dirt road getting close to the lakes i could see across a field where at top of hill there was a y in road. i saw red toyota like mine sitting by the lake so i wanted to talk to him about his toyota but he saw me coming and took off real fast and he turned right at the y and he was throwing dust bad. so i made right turn and went to lake. my buddy saw me and ran the boat to pick me up and said what the heck you doing. i asked what do you mean and he said why was you just sitting there watching me. i said wasn't me and he said oh i wondered why you took roll bar off. there was big oak tree along road and he kept moving his truck to keep tree between him and mike. so we never thought anymore about it. then to my surprise mike called me and asked if i read paper about the killer being caught he said he drove red 1989 toyota and he was from akron - canton area. i said wow that had to be him and thats why he took off fast when he saw me coming in truck like his. so i told mike i saved your life and maybe mine if i got there sooner.

camofry

*Supporting Member*
I seen someplace that fishermen are the number one sportsman to fall victim to violent crimes. I know I do a lot of night fishing at Knox lake and you never know what kind of creepers are going to be on the boat ramps when you come in off the lake. I always make it a point to let them see me remove the gun from the dry bag and put it back in my holster.

Huckleberry Finn

in 1990 i wanted a toyota pickup but there were no dealers close. my son was going to akron u. at the time and he found me a 1989 red toyota pickup. it was red and had roll bar with lights on roll bar. i was only one in my area that had one at that time. i was at work and my buddy mike called my wife and said he was going fishing at twin lakes just outside hopedale and told her i could meet him there that he was going early. i wasn't going to go because it was a football night but my wife talked me into going. so as i was driving up hill on dirt road getting close to the lakes i could see across a field where at top of hill there was a y in road. i saw red toyota like mine sitting by the lake so i wanted to talk to him about his toyota but he saw me coming and took off real fast and he turned right at the y and he was throwing dust bad. so i made right turn and went to lake. my buddy saw me and ran the boat to pick me up and said what the heck you doing. i asked what do you mean and he said why was you just sitting there watching me. i said wasn't me and he said oh i wondered why you took roll bar off. there was big oak tree along road and he kept moving his truck to keep tree between him and mike. so we never thought anymore about it. then to my surprise mike called me and asked if i read paper about the killer being caught he said he drove red 1989 toyota and he was from akron - canton area. i said wow that had to be him and thats why he took off fast when he saw me coming in truck like his. so i told mike i saved your life and maybe mine if i got there sooner.

Dang! That's crazy!

Schu72

Streetsboro
That guy shot a nephew of guy I worked with in st.clairsville. Young guy name was paxton. He was bow hunting.

Yes, Jamie Paxton was the young man that was killed just off of rt 9 outside of fairpoint, Oh if I remember correctly. I hunted all over Faripoint and Maynard, Oh.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
reasons why we should all have conceled carry... last year i was hunting when that mathew hoffman shit was happening it was just getting light and i had a chopper hovering above me.. i was hunting close to where they found the car in kenyon.i didnt know what was going on until i watched the news that evening.. his house where they found the girl was just right down the road from the gravel pit i work at. you never know what kind of sick people are out there.