Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

a deer story you ont believe

Diablo54

Outside

this year was a first for not only me but one of my hunting buddys to , he calls me last night saying he stuck a big doe and lost her blood trail in some thick briars this was his first year bow hunting . so i load the kids in the car and we head to his place his wife watchs my daughters while me and him go pick up te trail by this time its dark so we had a hard time finding the blood trail again cause he didnt mark his last blood spot cause he was to excited , i ask him if he thinks he got a good hit on her he said yea i had my pin right on her shoulder , so im thinking a lung or heart shot , an hour of waiting and she should of been dead . we finnally find the blood trail again and this thing is pumping out blood every where so im thinking this is gonna be an easy recovery , but there is no bubbles in the blood but with all the blood this thing is loosing it shouldnt have went far . after bout 20 minutes of tracking we finnally spot his "big doe" laying up under a briar thicket i yell at him i found your deer and its not dead yet your gonna have to go finish it off , well we both thaught this deer would have ben dead so he didnt bring his bow and to top it all off he is to chicken shit to walk up to it and give it a good poke with the knife . well im not gonna sit there and watch this deer suffer so i grab his knife and tell him to keep his light directly in the deers eyes so it dont see me sneaking around it to finish it off and thats when the fun began and that was the beginning of my new nickname bull dozer , i get about a foot from sticking the knife in this deer chest and the damn thing jumps up and takes off and the chase was on , my buddy is sitting there laughing hystericly while im busting through briars an branchs chasing this damn deer and thats the only thing that kept him slow enough for me keep up with it was the thick brush . well me and the deer are both on dead sprints and he runs smack into a fence and i linebacker the little basterd but i had dropped the knife before i started running so im yelling at him to grab the knife and stick him , so im sitting on top of this "big doe" which turned out to be a button buck this thing such a horrid it noise that if any one driving by would have thaught the blair witch project came to jefferson county headlights bouncing through the woods a deer screaming from a 220 pound man sitting on it and my buddy laughing so hard he sounds like a hyena , he wont come near the deer cause he thinks its gonna get up and kick him or something so i finish him off with a good neck cutting , and if there wouldnt have been a witness to this no one would have believed i could chase down a deer , now here comes the reason i was able to keep up with the deer , his chest shot was not a chest shot he must have hit a branch or he is just that bad of a shot and took out one of his back legs , although he wasnt at full speed that damn little thing could still move pretty quick , so it is a year of first for a few things i got to tackle a live 3 legged deer , i got my first archery deer which was also a buttin buck , my buddy got his first archery deer also a button buck and i found out a 220 pound redneck can run pretty damn fast when the adrenaline was pumping

2011-10-25_20-31-23_779.jpg

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Some folks I work with jokingly tell me I should hunt deer with a knife in hand...you know, Rambo style...cover myself up with mud or dirt and when the deer comes by kill it with a knife in my hand...now i can tell them I know of someone who actually did something similar.

its something i dont wanna do again , those three remaining working legs were flying round like billy clubs , but i didnt wanna let the poor lil guy suffer any more then he did , or end up a miserable death by coyote , cause if i caught him a coyote would have had no problem catching him , if it wasnt for the fence he ran into i dont think i would have had the gas to chase him much farther