Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hitchhikers

Do you pick up hitchhikers?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, only if I'm packing heat

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Only if she's purty!

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Never

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Only if they are holding a bag of Cheetoes.

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Huckleberry Finn

Do you pick up hitchhikers?

Probably 2 weeks ago I was on my way out of town and saw a dude walking along the side of the road, sticking his thumb out. I didn't have time to stop, so I didn't.

Saturday I was driving home from the sportsman's club after a frustrating session of shooting my bow and a guy was doing the same. I almost stopped, but didn't.

I don't feel like it's a safety concern to me (though you never know) and it's not like a somewhat dirty guy is going to mess up a truck seat. I almost felt bad for not stopping and taking the advantage of being nice to someone, but then again, you never know what you are getting yourself into...

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Ass, grass or cash....... nobody rides for free!

No I don't pick up hitchhikers unless it's somebody I know that needs help.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I will be tempted to with the truck and make them ride in the bed, but I never do. I carry granola bars in my truck to give to the homeless wanting money. It pisses them off... :smiley_crocodile:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I stop for people who are broken down and looked lost, but as far as hitchhikers I haven't in a long time.... The last one was in Arkansas and gave him a ride from outside West Memphis too Little Rock wish was as far as I was going.... Ended up being a Army vet just down on his luck.... When he got out I gave him ten bucks too get something too eat... He slept most of the way and smelled like weed when he got in.... But he was cool and appreciated the help....

if it is giving someone a ride or helping mow the lawn . or assisting in help with there broke down auto . i will do what ever it takes to help someone in need . useing the excuse of . i didnt have time to stop , is no excuse . it takes 2 minets to stop and him or her get in .admit it guys . you are affraid he will do you harm . club you and steel your truck or what ever . i will never not help someone i think is in need .

camofry

*Supporting Member*
if it is giving someone a ride or helping mow the lawn . or assisting in help with there broke down auto . i will do what ever it takes to help someone in need . useing the excuse of . i didnt have time to stop , is no excuse . it takes 2 minets to stop and him or her get in .admit it guys . you are affraid he will do you harm . club you and steel your truck or what ever . i will never not help someone i think is in need .

I always do, but I always have heat with me TOO.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I have stopped and helped broken down motorists, given people rides to pick up gas when they ran out, helped a black woman put ar in her tire ad a speedway, and helped a college kid change a tire in a parking lot..... But as for a dirty old thumb up hitchiker, you can ride in the bed. Act a fool back there if you want. E-brake and a turn of the wheel will place you at your destination early.

I was out coon hunting one night and even picked up this old drunk chick with one high heel walking down the rd at 2:30 am.. She was flat out smashed drunk and didn't even know what planet she was on. lol... We rode out to a corn field and she gave me head. Dropped her back off about a 1/4 mile from where i picked her up.. There she went flippy flopping down the road still with one heel. I could have dropped her off in Chillicothe and she wouldn't have known it. lmao

Last edited:
I

I was out coon hunting one night and even picked up this old drunk chick with one high heel walking down the rd at 2:30 am.. She was flat out smashed drunk and didn't even know what planet she was on. lol... We rode out to a corn field and she gave me head. Dropped her back off about a 1/4 mile from where i picked her up.. There she went flippy flopping down the road still with one heel. I could have dropped her off in Chillicothe and she wouldn't have known it. lmao

Man, I lead a boring life

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Only you Joe only you!!!!!!!!!!! rotflmao

Smelled like a damn cood dog and everything... I did.. not her... lmao.. But i'm sure she did too as i never even took my brush bibs off. She just went for it.... Who am i to argue. You see some strange shit driving around at 2 am...

Rolled back a lane one night coon hunting and there was a car parked there... I knew it had to be two kids... George kicked on the spotlight and shined them and said "HEY YOU" and they were on a blanket in front of the car... she covered up.. The dude took off running butt naked into the corn.. Didn't even take his britches.. lmao..

Last edited:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I have stopped and helped broken down motorists, given people rides to pick up gas when they ran out, helped a black woman put ar in her tire ad a speedway, and helped a college kid change a tire in a parking lot..... But as for a dirty old thumb up hitchiker, you can ride in the bed. Act a fool back there if you want. E-brake and a turn of the wheel will place you at your destination early.

Laughing but feel guilty about it! Lol

years ago . i picked this chick up in reynoldsburg, took her out , hammerd the shit out of her . but she got mad when i wouldnt take her home . she demanded my name . i told her my name was chuck miller from kirkersville . then put her on the street . a couple weeks later i was settin in the tavern in kirkersburg. here comes this bitch with her mother . i made myself small . the lady asked for chuck miller . the barkeep pointed to chuckie . this lady went over and started to beat the shit out of him ..lol. her daughter kept yelling , that aint him mom , that aint him ..

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I don't pick up hitchhikers. I am always carrying something but I don't like strangers that close. I do stop and help just about everyone I see that needs it but no rides unless your a chick or youngin. Just don't like the close quarters without anywhere to go.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Laughing but feel guilty about it! Lol

I was just gonna giver her a ride home. In the process of trying to figure that out through her drunken slurs she went for the trouser trout. I ain't gonna argue.. lol... Then later we drove by where we picked her up hoping she would remember something.. She was mumbling to let her out, so we did, there she went limping off in the same direction she was before but a 1/4 mile further. lol...

Hoot that's awesome! hahahaah That ain't him ma.. That ain't him... lmao