Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What am I doing this nice fall afternoon??

saddlepants

central Ohio
Why Im cooking up some apple pie for the KY Moonshine my sister in FL sent me home with. Shes a sissy and didnt like it and I just happen to have a gallon of cider in the fridge.......YUM!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Shew.... we had a few quarts for a buddies bachelor party this weekend.... let's just say I may need a month or two before I hit the apple pie again... :smiley_blackeye:

A gun dealer that used to live across the street from my Uncle, brought over a gallon Mason jar of moonshine. It looked like clear spring water...but had a bit more kick to it. The dealer said that his wife wouldn't allow him in the house with it, so he said the we might just as well go around back, sit in the shade and finish off this jar of moonshine. :smiley_coolpeace:

I watched as my Uncle had a "taste" of it. He choked, gasped for air, got red in the face and when he regained his composure he says, "That's smooth. Real smooth." I was 22 at the time and had only heard of moonshine and had no idea of its' effects. I was curious as to why my Uncle would take interest in drinking something that nearly killed him with just a sip. :smiley_confused_vra He's a good ole boy from Kentucky and that was reason enough. :smiley_blink:

Bowhunter57

epe

Lancaster
SO what is it, you add moonshine to the apple pie, or apple pie flavor the shine? I drink shine anytime I get the chance..

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
SO what is it, you add moonshine to the apple pie, or apple pie flavor the shine? I drink shine anytime I get the chance..

I use apple juice, apple cider, cinnamon sticks, a dash of nutmeg, and some vanilla extract. Combine and bring to a boil for a minute or two, the turn off the heat and add the alcohol once the boiling stops. It's a great adult beverage...

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Not sure if this is the same thing, but I had this at a buddy's recently and this is the recipe he sent me. All's I know is it is friggin' good!!!

apple pie
1 gal apple cider
1 gal apple juice
3 cups white sugar
8 cinnamon sticks
1 liter of everclear or moonshine
heat all ingredients EXCEPT alcohol in large stock pot or turkey fryer for 1-1 1/2 hours at a simmer. allow to cool to room temp. then add alcohol. do not heat alcohol it will catch fire. put a slice of apple and small cinamon stick in mason jars if desired. fill jars and flip every day for 1 week. Now drink and enjoy.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Not sure if this is the same thing, but I had this at a buddy's recently and this is the recipe he sent me. All's I know is it is friggin' good!!!

apple pie
1 gal apple cider
1 gal apple juice
3 cups white sugar
8 cinnamon sticks
1 liter of everclear or moonshine
heat all ingredients EXCEPT alcohol in large stock pot or turkey fryer for 1-1 1/2 hours at a simmer. allow to cool to room temp. then add alcohol. do not heat alcohol it will catch fire. put a slice of apple and small cinamon stick in mason jars if desired. fill jars and flip every day for 1 week. Now drink and enjoy.

It's just a variation. And you don't boil the liquid with the alcohol because it cooks off the alcohol. You don't lay flame to Everclear because it'll burn, but who's doing that ?!? LOL!