Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Global Warming

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Diablo and i have to do a project on global warming. I figured i'd turn to TOO to help me out with some info or ideas on what to present. Im assuming most people here beleive global warming is fake, and i need some arguments on both sides. Thanks fellers.

Al Gore's a dumbass

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I try to keep a simple outlook on this subject and it would be something you could exploit further through a little research. The climate on Earth is cyclical in nature and subtle to drastic changes have occurred in our global climate for millions of years. I refuse to look at a minute portion of history and believe we in a blink of an eye, have drastically altered what has been a fickle system for longer than we can even fathom. The past two winters here in SE Ohio tell me there is nothing to worry about. We had a relatively mild and wet summer this year, completely different than that of summers past. What we see in terms of our climate is paled in comparison to the entire picture. I'll give some credence to our current day culture contributing to some of the ebb and flow in our global climate. However, I do not for one second believe we are altering the climate in such a manner that it will ultimately destroy the Earth. We have TOO little influence in the grand scheme of things IMO...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
You may find this a bit enlightening.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I try to keep a simple outlook on this subject and it would be something you could exploit further through a little research. The climate on Earth is cyclical in nature and subtle to drastic changes have occurred in our global climate for millions of years. I refuse to look at a minute portion of history and believe we in a blink of an eye, have drastically altered what has been a fickle system for longer than we can even fathom. The past two winters here in SE Ohio tell me there is nothing to worry about. We had a relatively mild and wet summer this year, completely different than that of summers past. What we see in terms of our climate is paled in comparison to the entire picture. I'll give some credence to our current day culture contributing to some of the ebb and flow in our global climate. However, I do not for one second believe we are altering the climate in such a manner that it will ultimately destroy the Earth. We have TOO little influence in the grand scheme of things IMO...

Yep....

we have been in global warming since the last Ice Age

and yep.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
All you need to disprove global warming is the story about how some of the top climate change scientists emails were hacked and hundreds of emails were released that shows they purposefully manipulated or omitted any data contrary to their stance on global warming...... Destroy the scientific credibility, destroy the argument.

Diablo54

Outside
All you need to disprove global warming is the story about how some of the top climate change scientists emails were hacked and hundreds of emails were released that shows they purposefully manipulated or omitted any data contrary to their stance on global warming...... Destroy the scientific credibility, destroy the argument.

Yes sir

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Thats kinda hard to follow, but after a lil studying it makes sense, good post! I'm definitly gonna look into how the scientists were caught rigging facts..doesnt suprise me

tuffshot

The Crew
Currently the US has 75% less emissions than it had during the industrial revolution, all the way up into the 70's.
One has to figure where they are getting their readings to promote the facts.
Glaciers were once in Ohio.
The last couple of years were the coldest on record in some states.
The seasons have shifted at least by one month.
China had to shut down all manufactureing in Bejing while the Olympic were going on.
Currently there are scientist who refute what others have promoted as well.
The list of hype goes on and on.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
We gotta 75/80 on our presentation, my teacher about drives me crazy, he kept callin us out and makin us look dumb, but hell with it we got our point across haha. Thanks TOO

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I'm not real smart, but I do know everytime I fart when I'm in bed, the wife has to uncover her head. I can feel the "global warming" between the cheeks, so it has to be true, and with her coming up for air, that's a sure sign of the heat rolling under the sheets. Multiply all that gas by the world population, and you are bound to have global warming.

Other than that, I have absolutely nothing to contribute to this thread...
:smiley_crocodile: