Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

lone wolf hand climber

tit1eist2

NW ohio
After reading a lot and going back and forth between the millennium and sticks like I know a few of the TOO guys use, I decided to buy a lone wolf hand climber II. I fell from a climber a few years back and swore em off but the lure of going Where I want went on want got the best of me. Wondering if anybody has any opinions or stories of what I'm getting myself into with this climber? Got the safety harness stuff these days hoping to avoid a repeat of the past.

Diablo54

Outside
Best climber on the market. Not being a hardass but with this climber I can be setup before any of the guys here using their LW sticks and milleniums. (Not dogging yall i'll probly end up with the same setup this winter after christmas, I like the idea of being able to conceal myself in multitrunk trees) I feel safer in my lw then I do in any stand. I have had moments where I was completely pissed off at the lw but it was always my fault when I calmed down and assessed the situation. Practice in your yard because theirs nothing that will piss you off more than being at a base of a tree at 6am trying to figure out the thing

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Best climber on the market. Not being a hardass but with this climber I can be setup before any of the guys here using their LW sticks and milleniums. (Not dogging yall i'll probly end up with the same setup this winter after christmas, I like the idea of being able to conceal myself in multitrunk trees) I feel safer in my lw then I do in any stand. I have had moments where I was completely pissed off at the lw but it was always my fault when I calmed down and assessed the situation. Practice in your yard because theirs nothing that will piss you off more than being at a base of a tree at 6am trying to figure out the thing

I see a race in the future! Lol

Milo

Tatonka guide.
titleist, i also fell from a climber and it messed with my head big time. I have retained a shoulder/chest injury as a result so the way a climber works for me is crucial to my success with it. I was going to go the hand climber route but i chose the summit openshot. having used a summit in the past i found them safe, efficient and economical as compared to the lone wolf line. the new deadmetal changes that game also for summit. comfort in the stand is also paramount. I do like the fact that it folds flat. that is an issue with the open shot.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Bring it!!!!:smiley_cowboy:

No need to bring anything. You have a video cam right... Stand packed up on your back to 26 feet up in 4 min 33 seconds.

Many of us saw fluteman do it with 5 lw sticks and a millinium stand.

Hit record and give it hell. Lol.

Diablo54

Outside
No need to bring anything. You have a video cam right... Stand packed up on your back to 26 feet up in 4 min 33 seconds.

Many of us saw fluteman do it with 5 lw sticks and a millinium stand.

Hit record and give it hell. Lol.

K Ill see some time soon hahah

Diablo54

Outside
Proof haha

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319546686.304537.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319546686.304537.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 137

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I don't really care for the hand climbers...love my site and climb tho...I use it like a hand climber a lot but having the rail to sit on is nice for climbing crooked and knotty trees

I relly like my lone wolf sit and climb. I also have LW sticks and a lock on. I am an man I don't do anything fast anymore but my money is is on Diablo.

I have used the sticks a few times in tress that could not be climbed and they work well enough. I also take the sticks with me when out of state hunting because you can get into about any tree.

That being said I am much faster and with the sit and climb and I feel much safer.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Used my iphone and i was in the tree in 2:14 ill video it tonight

What I want to know is how long you had to look around for a straight tree with no limbs. While you bumblefuck around looking for a telephone pole, we're up in a tree with more cover than we need and it's the right tree, not one we settled for. Just sayin... :smiley_clap:

Diablo54

Outside
What I want to know is how long you had to look around for a straight tree with no limbs. While you bumblefuck around looking for a telephone pole, we're up in a tree with more cover than we need and it's the right tree, not one we settled for. Just sayin... :smiley_clap:

The areas that I hunt where there are no good trees I already have stands up in. I already have my tree picked out 90% of the time. I'll video tonight and show ya.