Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pics from the past few days...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Nothing real exciting other than a look at what's running around out there...

Last fall while observing Moe, he was using this shelf with frequency in the evenings and he had a scrape line along it. I decided to move a camera here to see if he would open that scrape up again this year and sure enough, he showed up along with Boss Hawg...

I also managed to snap a picture of Boss heading in to the sanctuary this week. He's definitely not afraid to work his way around Moe's territory...

Of course the 3 Amigos made appearances in the bottom this week. I had another deer I called my "Stud 1.5", eventually naming him "Fonzy". However this deer standing with Moe is also a stud 1.5 for our parts! Anyone else think Moe has some glandular leakage?!?

Boss Hawg

Captain Jack

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You been going hard after him lately or waiting patiently?

Waiting patiently. I think I might have put one more piece in the puzzle this weekend using the recon I has last season and some long hard thinking in the stand tonight. I sat an observation stand tonight and a few things clicked while I glasses his staging area. I'm excited for the weather change this weekend. I honestly feel like the next 10 days are when things will get crazy for me...

Gordo

Athens County
Waiting patiently is a hard thing to do. I'm trying that approach this year but can hardly take it anymore.

Its about to be go time thats for sure!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Waiting patiently is a hard thing to do. I'm trying that approach this year but can hardly take it anymore.

Its about to be go time thats for sure!

I knew it would be an uphill battle for me, but it actually went pretty well. I believe I've hurt myself in the past by hunting TOO much in October and I wasn't making that mistake this year. I'm primed and ready to roll for a month of balls to the wall hunting!!!

Good luck on your end. It's about time to forget about patience!!!

Gordo

Athens County
Where on the same page, but you got shit ton more intel, and im relying on a stroke of luck.

During my morning hunt today, i was thinking about my 6 other sets on my main property that i havent even touched yet. This time last year i had probably burned'em all out already. Just thinking about that got my adrebaline pumping. Hoping it makes a difference.

Let the games begin!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
During my morning hunt today, i was thinking about my 6 other sets on my main property that i havent even touched yet. This time last year i had probably burned'em all out already. Just thinking about that got my adrebaline pumping. Hoping it makes a difference.

Agreed. It is a hard thing to do. I am ready to head in and change camera cards on a property I haven't even hunted yet this year. I do however, have 4 cameras I have diligently moved around collecting intel. Good luck Jesse! Can't wait for that special text message!