Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DJK Frank 16's Hunting Log

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Well I figured I would join the cool crowd!

Today will be my first day and in the stand and will start my hunting season full bore. From today on and I will be out every day that work will allow.

Hitting the stand this evening in a location that I can get a real good look at what's going on and start shaping my decision on where I will spend the majority of my time during the rut.

IT'S ON! :pickle:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well I figured I would join the cool crowd!

Oh please. Drake, I had the amount of "cool" you dropped on your way to the tree stand, it would increase my "cool factor".

Looking forward to watching your hunts take place bro!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Not sure how much of this pic will turn out due to the sun (facing west), but the left field is alfalfa and the right is standing corn. I have a wet hole back behind me, so hopefully I catch them in transition this evening.

uploadfromtaptalk1319493314548.jpg

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Not much to report tonight, just a bunch of squirrels... but I learned a lot on the walk out, I need to move about 70 yards North to be on top of a huge scrape line. Time to put the lone wolf sticks and stand to work!

Last edited:

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Showered, smoked, and in the same set as Monday evening, figured I would give it one more go round before I move up the scrape line.

Hope this rain holds off!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Well first action of the year tonight... had a 6 point come in around 530 and worked a scrape line all the way to my tree. He never missed a beat, walked right to my downwind side and kept going. Not 25 minutes later he walks right back up the trail he came in on and right back up the scrape line!

Another testament to the smoker!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Yeah man! It got me excited! Perfect timing too, because it's time to flip the switch and have ass in tree as much as possible the next few weeks!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Skunked this morning, except for the dick that hunts the section along with me walking in on me after he seen my truck parked at the road and then walking all the way around the woods with this flashlight on....

I did stop at a section close to the one I shot my buck in last year, seen some nice tracks and scrapes. Hung a cam along the scrape line and will head in there with the Lone Wolf as soon as the wind has no easterly at all.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Skunked this morning, except for the dick that hunts the section along with me walking in on me after he seen my truck parked at the road and then walking all the way around the woods with this flashlight on....

I hate that. We have so little time to hunt and someone does that :smiley_boos:

saddlepants

central Ohio

I did stop at a section close to the one I shot my buck in last year, seen some nice tracks and scrapes. Hung a cam along the scrape line and will head in there with the Lone Wolf as soon as the wind has no easterly at all.

God, I hate that. My EX son in law used to walk right up to my stand and look up at me about 9 am..."did ya see anything?"

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Had a decent 9 at 25 yards tonight, but couldn't get a shot. Put the Spypoint out for the first time on Friday, and after pulling i'm glad I didn't get a shot at that 9.... mischeif.gif

Gonna get some videos uploaded shortly...