Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

its to bad

rossbows

We got a call Sunday after noon from the sheriff department that there was a buck hit and was in the edge of the corn field. We got there and it was still alive. Its back was broken and I finished it off. I don't know how long it was there but I would say for awhile. Got it back to the shop and but it on the scales it was 290 live weight. Had a 18in inside spread and clean nine points. Weird thing is it had no damage other than a broken back. That's odd if it got hit.

Attachments

• road kill.jpg
    road kill.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 307

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Id rather see it go this way where everything is still good rather than ate up by yotes and its just a skull recovery. Couple more years and that buck would of been a dandy, love the brows!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Yeah, there's gotta be another cause besides roadkill. I've cleaned a roadkill deer before that just barely got hit in the rear, breaking its legs, and there was damage / blood clots everywhere and internal injuries throughout.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I TOO hate to see them go this way...even a spike laying along the road is a shame....I've butchered over 30 road kills myself and you would know if it had been even knicked by a car.....Hard to say what happened......