Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Opinions an discussion about The World series of whitetails Event In Guernsey county

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds pretty cool. I am guessing there is a high entry fee or else they would be slammed by hunter entrees.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't really get it. By the way it sounds, it should be called the World Series of Luck.... Guys just show up, get plopped onto some unfamiliar land, and whoever is lucky enough to tag a biggun wins grand prize. I don't know... sounds kind of lame to me.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
You know I live in Guernsey county, not 5 minutes from the Pritchard Laughlan civic center and have not heard a thing about this event until I read this thread, we dont need these bozos running around our county! what the hell!!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I will be honest. I am a highly competitive person. In this aspect, it intrigues me. You guys would be hard pressed to get me to believe there are many "top end" deer hunters which are not highly competitive. They are successful in part, due to their competitiveness. I am sure many of them are in it for the money and fame. I am also sure nearly all of them are majorly competitive people.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I will be honest. I am a highly competitive person. In this aspect, it intrigues me. You guys would be hard pressed to get me to believe there are many "top end" deer hunters which are not highly competitive. They are successful in part, due to their competitiveness. I am sure many of them are in it for the money and fame. I am also sure nearly all of them are majorly competitive people.

IMO, they are successful because they have one common resource.... TIME. The "top end" guys hunt damn near every day of the season, and in multiple states. Don't get me wrong, competitiveness is important... But I don't care how competitive you are, if you're not in the woods you're not going to kill one. Somebody that hunts that often SHOULD get a good a buck more often than not... If not, they either don't know diddly or they're incredibly unlucky. Maybe competitiveness leads to the ability to make time, I don't know. I'm just saying, limit the amount of time these top end guys can sit in the woods and I guarantee their yearly success would plummet.

Anytime you mix money with hunting it's not a good combination.
I agree with both the above!! I am not a huge fan of the money aspect..But I am intrigued by the thought of dropping a hunter on some unknown private ground. And giving them like a week to see what happens..
IMO, they are successful because they have one common resource.... TIME. The "top end" guys hunt damn near every day of the season, and in multiple states. Don't get me wrong, competitiveness is important... But I don't care how competitive you are, if you're not in the woods you're not going to kill one. Somebody that hunts that often SHOULD get a good a buck more often than not... If not, they either don't know diddly or they're incredibly unlucky. Maybe competitiveness leads to the ability to make time, I don't know. I'm just saying, limit the amount of time these top end guys can sit in the woods and I guarantee their yearly success would plummet.

Ya'll know more on this aspect then me..But I would think quality of land and land access would are huge factors as-well

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I agree with both the above!! I am not a huge fan of the money aspect..But I am intrigued by the thought of dropping a hunter on some unknown private ground. And giving them like a week to see what happens..

Ya'll know more on this aspect then me..But I would think quality of land and land access would are huge factors as-well

This is where the money comes into play sometimes. Not always, but sometimes. There are still guys with small budgets that get onto big deer.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
I don't really get it. By the way it sounds, it should be called the World Series of Luck.... Guys just show up, get plopped onto some unfamiliar land, and whoever is lucky enough to tag a biggun wins grand prize. I don't know... sounds kind of lame to me.

I agree a 100%... Doesnt sound like real deer hunting... Seems more like the Deerasic Classic than it does real hunting...