Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

must be a sign to get to the woods

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
im thinking this must be a sign for me to get out to the woods as soon as i can, i was standing at my front door in my office, wishing i was in a tree. when all of a sudden i see a buck run across the road and come about 30 yards from my office door. then i notice a cross bow bolt in his shoulder, he crashed right in front of me, i watched him for a few and went to check him out. a little 8 point. i drug him under the pine trees to hide him from any of the truck drivers and whoever else mite see him laying in the yard. bout 20 min later i saw a guy in camo walking along the road lookin for blood. i had to mess with him a little bit so i told him i watched him go towards the river he just shook his head cuz he lost the blood. i let him get bout half way to the river and called him back to let him know i was joking and i showed him where it was. he was all pumped up. the buck was running a couple does is what he told me and he was only about 20 yards from his house when he shot him. made it a better day at work anyways.