Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sandridge Outfitters Live Hunt Thread: October 10/21-10/23

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Well the time has come, the first group hunt at SR Outfitters is here!!! :smiley_clap:

I'll be up and at them in the morning hunting an observation stand so I have a better idea of where to put people this weekend, then I'll be moving a stand and checking a couple of cams. Around 4PM tomorrow, I'll welcome Ryan Nayden (huntn2) and Mike Cottis (cotty16) to camp for their first ever hunt down here; then Steve Dlesk (Hoytmania) will be arriving for his second hunt down our way. Adam Buxton (Redcloud) will also be staying with our partner in crime Fluteman over at Fluteman's Bar and Grill.

The plans are to hunt tomorrow evening, then head back to my place for back straps over the fire, fried walleye, fresh fries, and chili. We'll be joined by Aaron Holdren (aholdren) for dinner and beers. Saturday will be all about the hunting with Steve heading to Paradise; Mike hunting a ladder stand over looking one of my food plots; and Ryan heading up to Hippie Ridge with me on our quest to get him his first archery deer this weekend. We'll play the afternoon by ear, but we know how the night cap will start!!!

Saturday night will find us at Fluteman's Bar and Grill for BBQ'd chicken breasts, vension sausages with peppers, pulled pork style snow goose breast, and all the fixings. I imagine the beer will go down smooth and the stories will flow, so don't expect any hunting reports for Sunday morning!!! Once those guys pack up and leave camp, I'll be heading in to my No. 1 stand on Hippie Ridge in hopes of taking Moe down on my luck day: 10/23. I'm yet to have any luck on that day, but you just never know!

It's gonna be a great weekend, so we'll snap some pics and get the stories flowing. Goal No. 1 is to have a great time this weekend. After that, the goal is to bloody some leaves!!!

Huckleberry Finn

Awesome, have a great time guys! My hunt at Sandridge last year can't be described other than a great time, awesome hunting, and a wonderful host! Oh, and I got to see Katie too!