Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scents

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I don't use any unless I am doctoring up scrapes. I use the Code Blue Scrape Mate and bought some of the Smokey's Deer Lure Perorbital Gland stuff. So far, they seem to make a great pair. I keep a bottom of Hunters Specialties Doe Piss in my pack and occasionally spray my boots, but only do that for a brief window over the next few weeks...

Big H

Medina
I have been mainly using Deer Dander from the Fitzgeralds for the past few years.

I bought some Buck Bomb Doe in Estrus to try this year, but I won't need them now. I will still probably use the BB when I take the girls hunting. The only other scent I have used that works is those burning sticks, I forget what they are called, but I have had bucks walk right up to the smoke in the past.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I have tried some golden estrus, Tinks 69, active scrape, and a couple others over the years but can't say they have brought any deer in using them so I stopped using any scent attractant. I did see the scrape tape they have this year and thought about trying it but I haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. Still a little hesitant to waste the money to find out that it works just like all the others I have used.

epe

Lancaster
Dad has had great luck with code blue.He got his big 9 with a drag rag. Came in on a line with saliva hanging off his mouth..

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Most of the time I use a drag rag I spook the does and have the button bucks and spikes in the area flock to me....

Mao

Coshocton, OH
i dont mess with the estrus scents anymore.. i do love the primos fresh earth continous spray... could wear that stuff as cologne...