Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Quiet Carabiners

steveOh

Dayton Area
Where can I get some carabiners that are quiet? Do they sell them that have a rubber coating or does everyone just tape theirs up?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I use shrink tubing, but if you wanted to get real fancy, you could buy Plasti Dip and tape off the hinge point and the opening, then dip them. Wait for them to dry and cut the spots with the tape. I plan on giving this a try whenever I get around to ordering some of that stuff. None of the local stores sell it.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Home Depot here doesn't carry it.

You sure.. It's in the paint section by the spray paints. And it's in a blue or yellow can if i remember correct.. Like a cardboard wrapped can. About the size of a can of biscuits..

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
You sure.. It's in the paint section by the spray paints. And it's in a blue or yellow can if i remember correct.. Like a cardboard wrapped can. About the size of a can of biscuits..

Last time I went in and asked for it after looking everywhere for it. That was a while ago though. Joe, just stop by Home Depot in pburg this weekend when you come in! lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Last time I went in and asked for it after looking everywhere for it. That was a while ago though. Joe, just stop by Home Depot in pburg this weekend when you come in! lol

I can bring ya a can down from spfld.