Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FLUTEMAN your a genuis

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yea buddy... I made a couple pull ropes just like this and wind 'em up like Greg shows... It's the cat's pajamas!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Thanks fellas, but according to the guy that owns Third Hand Archery, I "stole" his rope winding method, so I can't take credit for it. LOL

Actually the guy from Third hand archery seems like great guy..I spoke to him on the phone an ordered a set of there climber stabilizing straps just a few days ago..He said if i wasnt happy he would take care of it....As for who had the idea 1st.The first one i came across was fluteman ..

Last edited:

camofry

*Supporting Member*
Ok, so I have a clip on one end of my rope and a Booger on the other end. I want the end that goes up with me to be the one I start with on the thumb ,right?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Ok, so I have a clip on one end of my rope and a Booger on the other end. I want the end that goes up with me to be the one I start with on the thumb ,right?

In theory it would work best hooking the clip you start with to your stand, that way the bunched up rope stays on your hip as you climb, but it doesn't work out that way most of the time. I usually hook the clip I start with to the stand, then pull the rope out, piling it up on the ground, then hooking it on my harness and up the tree I go!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
In theory it would work best hooking the clip you start with to your stand, that way the bunched up rope stays on your hip as you climb, but it doesn't work out that way most of the time. I usually hook the clip I start with to the stand, then pull the rope out, piling it up on the ground, then hooking it on my harness and up the tree I go!

I kind of modified your method of bundling the rope, Flutey. I take the "top" carabiner end and wrap it around the figure 8s, then thread it underneath one of the wraps and cinch it tight... THEN clip the bottom carabiner to it so it doesn't release. When I get to my stand, I clip the top carabiner to a belt loop and the bottom carabiner to my gear. Since it's wrapped tight, the figure 8 bundle stays right by my side and release cord as I climb... so there's no need to pile it up at the base of the tree. Does this make sense? Kind of hard to explain.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I kind of modified your method of bundling the rope, Flutey. I take the "top" carabiner end and wrap it around the figure 8s, then thread it underneath one of the wraps and cinch it tight... THEN clip the bottom carabiner to it so it doesn't release. When I get to my stand, I clip the top carabiner to a belt loop and the bottom carabiner to my gear. Since it's wrapped tight, the figure 8 bundle stays right by my side and release cord as I climb... so there's no need to pile it up at the base of the tree. Does this make sense? Kind of hard to explain.

Yeah it makes sense. I keep meaning to try that the next time I go out, but I'm always in such a hurry that I forget. I figured it probably would work, just didnt want to say it would, then be called a liar when it didn't. LOL

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yeah it makes sense. I keep meaning to try that the next time I go out, but I'm always in such a hurry that I forget. I figured it probably would work, just didnt want to say it would, then be called a liar when it didn't. LOL

lol... Loud and clear, man. I was afraid it would result in a tangle at first, but so far I haven't had any issues at all.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Thanks for the tip Fluteman, I just joined the forum today and already learned something!...steveOh

Really want your mind blown. Check out Fluteman tootin his flute on this nugget!

[video=youtube;m0aUZ1pTf_U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0aUZ1pTf_U[/video]