Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Snacks in the stand

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Okay looking for ideas on snacks to take on the long sits. i rike dried cranberry's but looking for what you guys take with you ...DIP is not a snack FYI

Huckleberry Finn

Snickers, summer sausage, and Skoal (it's chew, not dip!). Apples. If it's an all day sit, I'll bring a couple of samiches

It's its cold I'll take coffee or hot chocolate in a thermos. Normally have a bottle of something to drink, 1 water bottle minimum (comes in handy after you gut a deer). Gatoraid is better for you, but carbonated drinks deal with the freezing better IMO

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Sweet an salty granola bars,jerky,slim jims,PBJ,5hr energy shots Swedish fish.I aint picky.When its real cold i like chicken broth or soup TOO

Dam OMO i don't know if i could hunt with you...all i would do is eat:smiley_clap:your a hillbilly cameron mitchell:smiley_crocodile:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Apples, granola bars, dried fruit, pb&j sammiches, or peanut M&M's

Drinks are either gatorade in hotter weather and hot tea in the winter. Always have a bottle water. Coffee makes me poo.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I like those Lance snack crackers (peanut butter or cheese crackers), chewy granola bars, and this year I've been buying those Hormel Pepperoni Sticks...mmmm...
String cheese in individual packs are cool too...give you something to do while you're sitting (seeing how small of a string you can tear off)

Huckleberry Finn

I like those Lance snack crackers (peanut butter or cheese crackers))

The old guy I bought my truck from (actually, his family, he passed) loved those things. I swear I still find them when I shop vac the truck out, and it's been 3 years.

Hard candy is another must, or just gum.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I like those Lance snack crackers (peanut butter or cheese crackers), chewy granola bars, and this year I've been buying those Hormel Pepperoni Sticks...mmmm...
String cheese in individual packs are cool too...give you something to do while you're sitting (seeing how small of a string you can tear off)

You nailed it Dan! Those cheese crackers are the bomb! Other than those though, I like just about anything that's high in protein. PB&J, roasted almonds or peanuts, jerky, trail bologna, etc. I don't like eating candy while on stand because usually the fuggin wrappers are too noisy. I usually pack my snacks in small ziploc baggies.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
pizza, hotdogs, hambugers, and wash it down with a half dozen beers.... Oh and they have too be 40 oz'rs cause I pee a lot.....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
PB&J fan here. Two of them usually get me to noon. On longer sits it is rough. I have had deer chili in the thermos in the past. Apples work too. Sometimes I remember a bottle of water. Try to steer clear of anything with wrappers.