Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hey Jesse

Big H

Medina
Are you still using the Millenium stand? How do you like it? I really like the mobility with those quick hanging system they have. I think Summit came out with something similar?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I am and I will for as long as I can! I love my Millenniums. Both of the sets I have hung this year to hunt my target buck are hung using 20' of sticks, then one/two Lone Wolf sticks and a Millennium bracket. Sitting in a cheap hang-on kills my seat time because of how bad my back begins to hurt. With the Millennium, I can sit all day and love life the entire time. Not sure what Summit has out right now, but the Millenniums certainly are worth every penny. I have a cold weather pad, foot rest, and a Bow Hitch on my primary stand. I use the GamePlan Gear TTS to carry it in and you can't tell its back there.

Gordo

Athens County
Damn it. Just typed out a short story of how I just bought the millenium this year after reading about it from these guys, then It didnt post.

recap:

Its the shit.
Most comfortable stand I ever sat in.
20ft of ladder sticks the best way to roll($40) if you arent trying to set up and hunt on the same trip(still really easy/quick to set up)
Can have multiple sets hung with the brackets/climbing sticks, and just pack the stand in.

Get one and Get comfortable with it, and I dont think it can be beat.

Its another great thing I read about from here and its no joke.

All this coming from a guy who has primarily hunted out of my summit viper climber and ladder stands. Theres no comparison in the comfort/ease of use that comes with the millenium

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I couldn't agree with you more, Gordo. I just bought one this season as well. I took Jesse's millenium for a test drive this summer and I was instantly sold on it. Without a doubt, the easiest-to-hang, most comfortable treestand I've ever owned. Well worth the money, IMO. Right now I have three different sets that are set up for the millenium stand. They all have stick ladders leading up to a bracket that's already hung. I just carry the stand in with the Gameplan Gear TTS to whichever spot I feel like hunting. It's slicker than snot!

tritonbill

NE Ohio
On the Millenium Tree Stand.... I noticed you secure the treestand to the tree with just that chain? Is that it? Hell I usually have a strap on top and on the bottom I use ratchet strap!? Last thing I want is my treestand shaking or moving when I get up in the tree/stand up in the tree, etc...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
On the Millenium Tree Stand.... I noticed you secure the treestand to the tree with just that chain? Is that it? Hell I usually have a strap on top and on the bottom I use ratchet strap!? Last thing I want is my treestand shaking or moving when I get up in the tree/stand up in the tree, etc...

We've modified the stands using two Lone Wolf Versa Buttons which we installed through an existing bolt location at the base of the stand. We use a Lone Wolf strap that comes on their climbing sticks to secure the base. I'll have to snap some pics as it's hard to explain...

Gordo

Athens County
Another great idea. I could see how that would obviously get rid of the left to right wobble thats there until I step all my wait on to it and give you a permanent strap for packing your sticks in.

Looks like I should get one of those foot rest TOO.

Are you guys using the chain link that you have to screw to attach the actual chain, or are you using the other "carabiner"(only way I could describe it) type attachment?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I like the locking link better than the caribiner style clip, but they don't use those anymore. I called to try and get half a dozen of them, or at least find out the load rating so I could buy some, but they had changed suppliers and didn't have the info on them anymore.