Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Need lightweight hang on stand opinions

tritonbill

NE Ohio
I will start off by saying I really like my Lone Wolf alpha hang on stands. They have held up well and are quiet to use. I am just curious if there is something that is as light or lighter than something like the assault model? 11Lbs is the weight on that one with a 26"x19.5" platform.

At 239.00 I figured it was worth checking!

I am buying a stand to match my new lone wolf climbing sticks and will use it as a more portable setup.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Check out Muddy's stands. They have the Hunter which has a larger platform for 200 and the Pro which is smaller like the Assault but cheaper. I have the Hunter and love it. Same adjustability as the LW, buy with a better seat and a footrest.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Tritonbill, the assault is a small ass platform. not a lot of room. i sold mine fairly quickly. i'm not a muddy guy myself but they just came out with a stand called the bloodsport and it is pretty light.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The muddy pro hunter is a great stand for sneaking into places and setting up a rig... It is however a little on the small side. While i wouldn't say it's uncomfortable, It's not something i want to spend all day in. But at 10.5 lbs minus the ratchet and cinch strap she's easy on the weight. And it has a leveling system for both the platform and the seat for those crooked trees.. For added comfort i like to put it on trees that lean back... Those are deer killing trees i call em..

Muddy does have an aluminum hunter that Fluteman was talking about.. Looks like a nice lightweight stand.

Last edited:

tritonbill

NE Ohio
Well this is true guys, maybe i'll stick with a little bigger platform, like the Alpha Hang On so I can be comfortable. Most of my sits are about 4 hours long at most. Maybe I need to pack a lunch! :)

Milo

Tatonka guide.
did you upgrade the seat to and elite series seat or keep the original one? wish they had a better pad on them

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Rivers Edge Litefoot? Little bigger platform I believe and either 14 or 17lbs. Have to look it up.

Leverage stands are top notch but you are right back into the ballpark on price as the Lone Wolf.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Every ounce counts when it comes to being mobile. A ounce here an ounce there and next thing you know you've got 30 pounds on your back..

My muddy stand is 10.5 lbs + straps 1lb + 5x LW sticks at 2.5 lbs ea. = 24 lbs...

Say the stand only weighted 3 more pounds... 13.5 lbs.. Hey That's a light stand right.. We'll yeah.. But you're now carrying 27lbs though... Oh i wanna add a foot rest for more comfort. Bang. Another 2 lbs. 29 lbs.. Before you know it you're wondering WTF happened.. lol

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I use the LW Alpha and don't have any complaints about weight, but then again I only carry in 4 sticks with me. I have a pretty big step between sticks so I still get close to the 18-20' mark I would say, high enough for me as long as I can find a tree with decent cover. My cousin uses the Assault and likes it for mobility, but he doesn't mind a smaller platform tree. I use the offset bracket with my Alpha to get it away from the tree a little bit, which adds comfort. Not the greatest seat in the world, but big enough that I could sit all day if needed.