Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gimp buck

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
This buck has either been hit by a car or he's been mounted to many times...lol... Saw him last night at about 70 yards. We were running a bean field and we got down to the last couple passes and up he goes. We had been in the field all afternoon.

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 236

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
SHould have called me... I would have ran him down indian style and shot his gimp ass. lmao

Ok.. OK.. maybe not on the running part. But if he's indeed injured I would have walked as far as i could and sent a couple hail marry shots at him.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Joe needs a recurve, 47 arrows, and a pony!!! :smiley_crocodile:

Is there a law against hunting from horses? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... We have some awfully big fields up here..... Might make for some good video.

TATONKA!

Huckleberry Finn

I don't think there is a reg against hunting on horses, I could be wrong. I've got a friend that rides through their pasture and always seen deer and has thought about slinging the crossbow on because they just aren't scare of her riding.

Then again, where I come from, horses are considered 'agricultural equipment'

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ok.. I need a pony.. A loin cloth.. A recurve.. And somebody to hold the camera.. lmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
ok.. Maybe we skip the loin cloth.. But i wanna do this.. I'll email the dnr to check on legality.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Why is it everytime I see "Tatonka" I think "Honkey Tonk, Tatonka Buck" should be a huge country music hit?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
ok.. Maybe we skip the loin cloth.. But i wanna do this.. I'll email the dnr to check on legality.

They can't say a thing about it. The only thing stated in the codes is motorized vehicles and that doesn't even apply to all of them lol. I mean, if a guy can legally stand on a combine picking corn and shoot deer off of it then there should be no reason why a horse couldn't be used to chase down a deer to be shot.