Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

NASSA Plumbrook archery hunt

Wagner dr

I have been selected for the Plumbrook archery hunt in section A-4. Does anyone have any information or MAP about this section. Any help would be appreciated!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Welcome to TOO!

Just a suggestion, maybe rather than posting looking for a gimme, if you did a search you would find we have an entire section dedicated to Hunting Ohio Public land. If not, there is another thread on here about the NASSA Plumbrook draw where one of the guys was drawn. Stick around and read a little bit, I think you will find this to be the best outdoor website in the state! Good luck!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang Phil...Little on edge tonight ;)

Welcome Wagner! Phil is spot on about a Plumbrook thread.

Ummm. . . yes. Third night in a row my wife has had to work and my buddy had one of the big boys at 80yds tonight while I was road scouting and listening to the kids whine. 8hrs of splitting firewood and mowing the lawn today doesn't help. At least I only put in half a work day since it was Sunday. lol

Truth is, most anyone on here would be willing to help the guy out and be pretty dang welcoming, but to sign up and post a question without ever trying to find the answer on their own isn't always the best way to go about it. Just my opinion. Stick around and make yourself at home. Don't just come in looking for an Obama handout.

Wagner dr

Sorry to invade into your personal domain. I did look at the site and read all the posts in the Plumbrook thread. They didn't answer the question I was wanting. I ran into a dead end of specific information. I thought this was a site where hunters would help others. I guess you have to be in a certain click. I'm sorry I'm not, and I won't brother you again.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sorry to invade into your personal domain. I did look at the site and read all the posts in the Plumbrook thread. They didn't answer the question I was wanting. I ran into a dead end of specific information. I thought this was a site where hunters would help others. I guess you have to be in a certain click. I'm sorry I'm not, and I won't brother you again.

Nah.. Phil just get on sometimes. disregard.. We get lots of people who register, ask one question, then disappear.. There are some good people here. stick around and read a while.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH

We gave Phil grief for giving you a bit...

No need to be dramatic. If you want to stay and contribute, great. If not, then you are missing out on the most knowledgeable group of Ohio hunters in the state. If you don't have too much pride come back and look at the harvest thread and video of what gets put down by these killers.

Generally, if I go to a forum (a place meant to exchange info) where I am new. I would let everyone know what research I had done. With a barrage of questions like "I am coming to Ohio where should I go to kill a slunger? You got a stand I could hunt?" Sometimes get to the members and for good reason. Here is how I would have written you request.

"Hey guys new here. I was lucky and got drawn for Nassa Plumbrook controlled hunt. I saw you had a thread on the subject but it didn't cover what I was looking for. I need references for or info on __________. Thanks in advance fellas!"

Or I would have done is posted directly on the thread about Plumbrook....

Schu72

Streetsboro
I have the sector map. I can try and help you out if you are still around. Your western and souther borders are easily identified, but the northern border looks like maybe a ditch and the eastern is hard to tell, not a great map. Shoot me a pm or post here if you are still interested.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

My apologies if I did not give you a warm welcome. Not a clique here. We are all fellow sportsman. Just like brothers, Jackalope and Beentown gave me crap. I deserved it. In all fairness, I feel they explained why i was a little short in a much better way than I did. Happens all the time. We are not looking for one post wonders. This is a great site with many guys willing to help out, myself included. Stick around and read a little bit and you will see this is an amazing site full of great information and great members! The more you read, the more you will see what I am talking about. Beentown mentioned the Harvest Video. Watch it and enjoy. You will see what we are about. Hunters, family, the outdoors, and good times!

Wagner dr

My apologies as well. I shouldn't have taken it so personal. I can see not wanting a bunch of free-loaders that won't put in the hard work needed to be successfull. Let me assure you I am not afraid of work, or putting in the required time neccessary. Sorry we got off on the wrong foot.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
My apologies as well. I shouldn't have taken it so personal. I can see not wanting a bunch of free-loaders that won't put in the hard work needed to be successfull. Let me assure you I am not afraid of work, or putting in the required time neccessary. Sorry we got off on the wrong foot.

No problem buddy :) crap happens... Anyway.. Look around some and enjoy.. You'll notice some VERY knowledgeable guys here with an absolute obsession for hunting. We're spread all over the state of Ohio and usually there is someone close. Take Schu up on his offer about going over the map.. He's a good dude and should be able to help.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
What'd I miss?!? :smiley_crocodile:

Me wrongfully assuming we had someone posting a question that would never show back up to see any of the replies. Doh! Not a good way to grow a website with welcoming committees such as mine. oops :smiley_couch::smiley_bagonhead:

I'll just shut up and get back to working now. haha

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Wish I had something to offer about Nassa but I don't. Hope you enjoy the site and feel free to jump in on some of the other stuyff we got going on around the boards. :smiley_coolpeace: