Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Puff, Puff, Pass....

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Last night I went out and sat in some HIGH speed winds (25+) and didnt expect to see much but my hunting is limited with a little guy. I fired up the scent smoker and gave myself a nice warm smoke bath and headed out! At 5pm I saw a nice young buck skirt me at 70 yards, at 6:15pm I saw a button buck dogging a doe and then a small 3 pt behind him. They grazed on acorns for awhile out in front of my and I thought about shooting her but didnt. Then at 7:05 I check the camera and i didnt have any filming light inside the timber so I get ready to pack it up and then I hear foot steps. I look back and a nice 10pt is walking right at me. He stops at 20 yards and then right below my tree at 10 yards broadside, never knew I was there. Hes prob 135-140", we've got trail cam pics of him and determined 2 hrs before I went out he was not a shooter bc hes only 3.5 yrs old. This was definatly the hardest sit Ive had all year considering the biggest buck ive seen on stand is 50"! Theres plenty of other older bucks running around and its still early, hopefully this doesnt bite me!

We all make decisions and have to live with them. :smiley_chinrub:

Last fall, I shot the first buck that came within shooting distance. It was a small 8pt., but it was my decision to shoot and I was happy with what I killed. I continued hunting, for does and figured I'd see a P&Y buck or something simular. However, it didn't happen. As it turns out, I seen several bucks the remainder of the season, but the one that I shot was the biggest. You just never know. :smiley_bril:

Bowhunter57