Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Talk about making your walk in and out a bit more exciting...

huntn2

Hudson, OH
This is from my in-laws property in SW NY (Alphamax10's parents land). Nick went up for the NY archery opener and checked the cameras. The date is wrong in the pic. This was 10 days ago...

Bear 2.jpg

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Dang lol. I guess that would make you think a little more now wouldn't it. Do you walk in and out making noise to make sure the bear knows your there or sneak in and hope like hell you don't sneak up on it and scare it lol.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I had one encounter on a different property up there. Definitely a cool experience. Nick's uncle saw the same one I did on 2 occasions. Nicks dad had a biggin cut through on him one morning he and I were out turkey hunting on their property where this camera is. We have I think one other bear pic from 2 years ago.

Adam, no we dont make noise in and out. Your sphincter tightens real quick when you bump something though :)

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Those black bears are more scared of people than deer, cool picture but I wouldn't be too worried about getting eaten.

Completely agree with you Chad. One thing is there is a sow that cruzes through with cubs now and then...the one amish neighbor was walking through the woods to do some work for my in-laws a few years ago and walked up on the sow and 3 cubs. She ran her cubs up a tree and the guy retreated without further incident (besides changing his pants I think...). That is the one that scares me a bit more.

Either way, it is pretty neat to have them on the property. Nice to have animals beyond deer and turkey. Since my in-laws took ownership 4 years or so ago we have seen or gotten pics of deer, turkey, coyote, bear, bobcat, fisher, fox, beaver and of course, oppossum, racoon, squirel, etc. Good bit of wildlife diversity.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
the one amish neighbor was walking through the woods to do some work for my in-laws a few years ago and walked up on the sow and 3 cubs. She ran her cubs up a tree and the guy retreated without further incident (besides changing his pants I think...)

Nah. I bet he didn't even change his pants. Just went on with his day. Stinky folks.