Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fletching help!

gumbygold

Central Ohio
So I decided that after one refletching, buying my own equipment and DIY will pay off right away (at $3 per arrow at the shop). So I bought the Bohning Blazer Big Jig on one guys recommendation. Then another guy said you can't shoot right helicals through a whisker biscuit.

This jig puts a 1 degree offset and 3 degree right helical. Can I use with a whisker biscuit?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sure.. What vanes are you shooting.... It might wrinkle the vanes a little more and loose a couple FPS but it should be fine.. 3 degree over two inches isn't much displacement on the whiskers.

gumbygold

Central Ohio
Sure.. What vanes are you shooting.... It might wrinkle the vanes a little more and loose a couple FPS but it should be fine.. 3 degree over two inches isn't much displacement on the whiskers.

It's the 2" blazer vane from vanetech. Good to know, I will give it a try. I am planning on moving to a drop away rest as soon as I scratch together the funding.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
be sure you put a little extra glue on the front of the vane with the WB.

I use the bohning helix blazer jig an 2inch predator vanes(super stiff)..The 3degree RH helical doesn't seem to hurt anything through my WB.An the predators dont wrinkle for me an there priced better then most other 2inch vanes.I lost 1fps going from a 2degree straight offset to the helical..And i lost 3fps total from using the WB.