Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Now What??

Big H

Medina
This is the earliest I have killed a buck. I am now deciding if I want to fit in an out of state hunt. Any suggestions?

Huckleberry Finn

From Medina, PA isn't too far from you, hunting state land could be a challenge. I think the out of state is like $125 plus a tag...huntn2 would be able to give more info, I know he's jumped that border.

Personally, NY would be another option. Indiana too....

Big H

Medina
Got any friends in Indiana?

Thought I had an "in" on a great place just over the border from a business associate, but the guy that leases the ground for farming also has hunting rights. I am getting some info on a Nebraska hunt too. I have two sisters that live in Indiana but no hunting ground. I have heard some good things about Kentucky too.

Buckmaster

Portage
Thought I had an "in" on a great place just over the border from a business associate, but the guy that leases the ground for farming also has hunting rights. I am getting some info on a Nebraska hunt too. I have two sisters that live in Indiana but no hunting ground. I have heard some good things about Kentucky too.

The over the border sounds appealing. At least that would be a short weekend commute. Your best given your locale and responsibilities is IN or MI.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This is the earliest I have killed a buck. I am now deciding if I want to fit in an out of state hunt. Any suggestions?

Lots of things to do man! If I were you, I'd try to put about 3 or 4 does in the freezer. You could also concentrate hard on scouting new areas, or discovering things in your current hunting spots. With your buck tag already filled, the pressure of trying not to burn out an area is pretty much off. Maybe set up on spots that you wouldn't normally hunt, just to see what happens... You might just stumble onto something awesome.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
KY and IN are both sleeper states within a reasonable drive for most Ohioans. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Big H

Medina
Lots of things to do man! If I were you, I'd try to put about 3 or 4 does in the freezer. You could also concentrate hard on scouting new areas, or discovering things in your current hunting spots. With your buck tag already filled, the pressure of trying not to burn out an area is pretty much off. Maybe set up on spots that you wouldn't normally hunt, just to see what happens... You might just stumble onto something awesome.

No problem with killing does JB, I will get my share. Also have 2 girls that like to hunt, so will be taking them out. I was just trying to decide if I could squeeze in an out of state hunt this year.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
No problem with killing does JB, I will get my share. Also have 2 girls that like to hunt, so will be taking them out. I was just trying to decide if I could squeeze in an out of state hunt this year.
What did you kill Big H? Did you post it somewhere or did I just miss it. Congrats to ya!