Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

When does it end? Wildlife officer BS.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Yet another case of wrong doing by the WO in the ODNR and nothing will come of it. Again. Fuggin BS if you ask me. I just love the double standards here. Bet your sweat ass if any of us step just on the line let alone over it the DNR and county prosecutor will be on our ass and there won't be any charges dropped.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
This should also be pursued as a violation of the Lacey act.. If they took any part of an animal of fish out of the state after harvesting them on an illegal license it's a Lacey violation... The feds need to get involved as it's quite obvious the ODNR leadership is complacent not only the crime but the cover up....

Nail their ass to the WALL!!!! You know they would do the same for us...

camofry

*Supporting Member*
There is more to come beleave me. If you all remember when this all first started with Graham, he said it was common practice to do this with out of state officers that came to Ohio. Graham is the one that should be taking the heat for all this and what did he get? They MADE him retire with full benefits from the Great State of Ohio. Dont get me wrong, I think these officer should get whats coming to them also but to put the captain of the pirate ship on a dingy to save his life and let the crew drown with the ship is just wrong, Let them all drown.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
There is more to come beleave me. If you all remember when this all first started with Graham, he said it was common practice to do this with out of state officers that came to Ohio. Graham is the one that should be taking the heat for all this and what did he get? They MADE him retire with full benefits from the Great State of Ohio. Dont get me wrong, I think these officer should get whats coming to them also but to put the captain of the pirate ship on a dingy to save his life and let the crew drown with the ship is just wrong, Let them all drown.

Do you know what's going on with the federal investigation? Last i saw the us fish and wildlife was taking over.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

NAIL EM!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I bet by the end of all of this the end result will be nothing more then smoke.

Seems they like to blow things up really big and then drop the ball and sweep all the dust under the rug and out of sight.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I bet by the end of all of this the end result will be nothing more then smoke.

Seems they like to blow things up really big and then drop the ball and sweep all the dust under the rug and out of sight.

If they do you can bet TOO will make it be known.... I may do a little investigative journalism maybe a "request for interview" to some brass at the DNR is in order..

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
"In the case highlighted yesterday, Ireland and Zientek said they were authorized by a supervisor to help the Indiana officials secure resident fishing licenses. They only received a verbal reprimand because it apparently was a past practice to let out-of-state wildlife officers pay the cheaper fees."

Verbal reprimand??? Really?? "Now boys, that was a very bad thing you did. Go stand in the corner for 1 minute, and don't do that again."

So it's OK if you're a WO and help a buddy from out of state get a Ohio license on the cheap, but if the average tax paying outdoorsman did the same, would they only get a verbal reprimand? I think not.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
If they do you can bet TOO will make it be known.... I may do a little investigative journalism maybe a "request for interview" to some brass at the DNR is in order..

I'm telling ya. By this time next year it will be nothing more then a memory and nothing will have been done about it.

I hope I'm wrong and I hope they get their asses nailed to the wall just the same as any of us would have happen but Just seems they take care of their own. Instead of all of them getting hammered it will be one poor SOB that will be the fall guy and the rest will walk.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Because it's been done before doesn't make it anymore legal.. Can I go rob a bank because it's been done before???? How about Madeoff, was his ponzi scheme ok because it's been "done before"

Last edited:

camofry

*Supporting Member*
I'm telling ya. By this time next year it will be nothing more then a memory and nothing will have been done about it.

I hope I'm wrong and I hope they get their asses nailed to the wall just the same as any of us would have happen but Just seems they take care of their own. Instead of all of them getting hammered it will be one poor SOB that will be the fall guy and the rest will walk.

You are right, it will end up under the rug some place just because to many people dont question athority. This is kind of how I ended up on TOO.lol I was on one of the other forums and said something about the way the NWTF was buying there way into the ODNRs buddy system and within 5 minutes of posting that, I was getting phone calls telling me I should not be posting stuff like that, that is just how the system worked. Well, the "system" will be working with a lot less money this year because when I walked way from the NWTF,the $17000 to $20000 banquet went with me.

I understand we can not all just say the hell with it and not buy a hunting,fishing,or trapping tag for a few year and teach them all a lesson. I along with 99% of the people on here injoy our outdoor HERITAGE to much to do that, but I will continue to question every one of there abilities to protect it. The longer you let a piece of meat rot, the worse its going to smell til its gone, and when its gone its gone.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
You are right, it will end up under the rug some place just because to many people dont question athority. This is kind of how I ended up on TOO.lol I was on one of the other forums and said something about the way the NWTF was buying there way into the ODNRs buddy system and within 5 minutes of posting that, I was getting phone calls telling me I should not be posting stuff like that, that is just how the system worked. Well, the "system" will be working with a lot less money this year because when I walked way from the NWTF,the $17000 to $20000 banquet went with me.

I understand we can not all just say the hell with it and not buy a hunting,fishing,or trapping tag for a few year and teach them all a lesson. I along with 99% of the people on here injoy our outdoor HERITAGE to much to do that, but I will continue to question every one of there abilities to protect it. The longer you let a piece of meat rot, the worse its going to smell til its gone, and when its gone its gone.
AND the more maggots you will produce...just sayinmischeif.gif

Huckleberry Finn

I've got to admit, I can't say I'm encouraged...I feel like ODNR is becoming an honor system where those that follow the rules aren't rewarded and those that don't are minimally or just not punished.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm just tired of the double standards that some law enforcement enforce.... Give you a ticket for a rolling stop when they do it all the time, speeding tickets when they do it all the time..... Wildlife violations when they do it as much as the general hunting public..... Sometimes you just gotta get the hammer out and nail them too bring the rest in line..... It's all a buch of BS.....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

No different that insurance lobbyist putting pressure on the ODNR..... Funny.. Seems like they listen to everybody except the 750,000 license buyers..