Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wolf Spiders in Garage

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Seem to be coming out of the woodwork the last 2 days. All seem to be about waist high when I spot em...is it the weather? I'm learning towards colder temps pushing them to find something warm.

Hate them and all their damn cousins!

Huckleberry Finn

Mom and Dad put something in cool-whip containers in the corners and that keeps them away. Looks like broccoli. No clue what it is, but I'm sure someone does

badger

*Supporting Member*
Prolly hedge apples Steve! or chunks of it!

I bet you are right on with the hedge apples. We always called them monkey balls. They work wonders on keeping out spiders.

Just a friendly warning, I know two people recently that required medical attention from spider bites. My operator at work had a bite on the back of his calf that developed into a hole. They are pretty sure it was a recluse that got him. He was going through some stuff he had stored in cardboard boxes in his barn. Those spiders love corrigated cardboard.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Fugg spiders!! I just got chills..... hate them bastards... and Joe... i'm never coming to a TOO get together because I know there will end up being a spider in my tent and for some reason I think that you will have something to do with it.. :smiley_crocodile:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Fuggers look like tarantulas to me.... ewww..

lol. We have a dwarf pine that is in the side yard. For some reason it gets loaded with the dang wolf spiders every summer. Last summer I would grab some little moths out of the grass and toss them into the webs just to watch them come running out of the hole and snatch it up lol. I don't mind spiders outside but can't stand seeing them in the house.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I killed a cousin to a black widow in my garage this weekend. Looks just like one, but without the markings. Scares the shit clean outta me when I saw it land on my hand!!!

epe

Lancaster
Our front porch last year.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1318521994587.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1318521994587.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 201