Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

String and cables

Schu72

Streetsboro
I was starting to wonder about replacing my string. I posted in another thread but really didn't get any response. I have a 2009 Iceman that I shoot regularly. The string still looks in good shape and I do wax it regularly. However, tonight I noticed that my buss cable may have some string separation. I'm not sure if I'm using the correct term, but the "coils" seem separated a little on one spot and kind of compressed directly above that area. I'm guessing that's not normal and I've never noticed it before. Is it time for a new string and cables? Do you always replace them as a set?

Thanks,

Scott

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I replace them as a set and do so every year. I buy mine from Extreme Bowstrings and $65 is a small price to pay for a fresh set of strings and cables. No need to do it that often really, but I easily shoot 2-3K shots on a set before changing them, so they are do by that time...

Milo

Tatonka guide.
sch you are fine for the hunting season. what you are seeing is serving seperation and the string "forming" to the cam grooves. not a huge deal. may not be a bad idea to get a new set this spring but unless something is cut i would leave it so your not redoing your bow in prime time..