Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gotz to spammers on here...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
caryshoopy and zotgeroge

(Making this post so I can notify 'lope.)

Thanks. I had nailed zotgeroge but hadn't got to the other one.. Fuggers are slamming us with registrations. I think 18 registered yesterday. I've started banning by IP and IP Subnets. That seems only to have pissed them off lol. We get most of them before they can post but i was driving to work when MR QVC posted.. Thanks again.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Post up links to different sites that aren't hunting related. Mostly they try to sell medicinal "cures", beauty products, knock off apparel, etc.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
46 Banned so far.

Armontiricksyks Jackalope
ArnoldVegas RedCloud
bext Rooke RedCloud
Bizguagssoato RedCloud
BrearfAtroseatora Jackalope
Breecoubsturo RedCloud
Bupereuxuth RedCloud
cardodosaurgy Jackalope
Caryshooppy Jackalope
ClenueMegelay RedCloud
CruroNokJok RedCloud
ElallyNeaws RedCloud
EmarmadenPart Jackalope
FarLennaprese Jackalope
fluelfimmiz Jackalope
Flulmizemia Jackalope
flvdownloada Jackalope
GaussyJat Jackalope
goodman Jackalope
gymnInvigma RedCloud
HomAvegeGreer Jackalope
LierveroMem RedCloud
loolickuboppy Jackalope
lucievfedrrikts RedCloud
Marchemopa RedCloud
Mayoftaccotte Jackalope
MeefsMefwot RedCloud
MesAmumelet Jackalope
mubsmeams RedCloud
nadyLoadams RedCloud
Nemneible RedCloud
Nenenully RedCloud
NigeMoine Jackalope
Owessiovavila RedCloud
paydaysof Jackalope
Revaneeme Jackalope
Slavicmone Jackalope
SodoPotlylymn RedCloud
Terneowed RedCloud
Tincnange Jackalope
topBodybuildert Jackalope
undetatwend RedCloud
watchmovieoncom Jackalope
wiliwacyKit RedCloud
Zexangespenda Jackalope
Zotgeroge RedCloud

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
46 Banned so far.

Armontiricksyks Jackalope
ArnoldVegas RedCloud
bext Rooke RedCloud
Bizguagssoato RedCloud
BrearfAtroseatora Jackalope
Breecoubsturo RedCloud
Bupereuxuth RedCloud
cardodosaurgy Jackalope
Caryshooppy Jackalope
ClenueMegelay RedCloud
CruroNokJok RedCloud
ElallyNeaws RedCloud
EmarmadenPart Jackalope
FarLennaprese Jackalope
fluelfimmiz Jackalope
Flulmizemia Jackalope
flvdownloada Jackalope
GaussyJat Jackalope
goodman Jackalope
gymnInvigma RedCloud
HomAvegeGreer Jackalope
LierveroMem RedCloud
loolickuboppy Jackalope
lucievfedrrikts RedCloud
Marchemopa RedCloud
Mayoftaccotte Jackalope
MeefsMefwot RedCloud
MesAmumelet Jackalope
mubsmeams RedCloud
nadyLoadams RedCloud
Nemneible RedCloud
Nenenully RedCloud
NigeMoine Jackalope
Owessiovavila RedCloud
paydaysof Jackalope
Revaneeme Jackalope
Slavicmone Jackalope
SodoPotlylymn RedCloud
Terneowed RedCloud
Tincnange Jackalope
topBodybuildert Jackalope
undetatwend RedCloud
watchmovieoncom Jackalope
wiliwacyKit RedCloud
Zexangespenda Jackalope
Zotgeroge RedCloud

Dang, I didn't know you were keeping a tally of who discovers them. This sounds like a competition. I will have to kick it in high gear now. :D BTW, I don't think I got credit for some already...wtf?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That's awsome right there :D. I figure if I can't snipe deer I can take me out some spammers lol

Add another one to the list Jack lol.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Dang, I didn't know you were keeping a tally of who discovers them. This sounds like a competition. I will have to kick it in high gear now. :D BTW, I don't think I got credit for some already...wtf?

Nah. Not keeping score. The admin panel keeps a report. That's just who actually clicked the Ban button I didn't feel like removing it when i pasted the Banned accounts. The ones you reported are in there too.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Oh dang, I didn't realize RedCloud was a mod. Well, that explains it then. I guess I better be nice to him. :D

rrr

Ok I am fine with Jesse and Joe so I guess I can be friends with you... I actually think that you are a great choice for a mod.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Ok I am fine with Jesse and Joe so I guess I can be friends with you... I actually think that you are a great choice for a mod.

Thanks Capt.

Jesse and Joe have put a lot of responsibility in my hands and are trusting me with their baby :D. I can't thank them enough for the opportunity to help with this great site. Spammers and trolls beware...I shoot back lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Dannman will also be along to help out soon.. We try hard to get these spammers before they can post garbage. But as the site becomes more popular on the internet the harder that becomes. It's vital to have a couple guys with coverage. We don't actually "moderate" threads on TOO. All we do is ban spam, maybe move a thread if it's in the wrong forum, and try to keep this place standing upright.

Geezer

*Hims a Super Moderator*
ok i am fine with jesse and joe so i guess i can be friends with you... I actually think that you are a great choice for a mod.

suck up :smiley_breakdance::smiley_breakdance::smiley_breakdance::smiley_breakdance::smiley_breakdance::smiley_breakdance::smiley_breakdance::smiley_breakdance::

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
See if there is a mod for this board software that asks a simple question and requires the user to answer it in a text box. It's available for phpBB, but not sure about this board. Your spam bot problem will be eliminated.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Dannman will also be along to help out soon.. We try hard to get these spammers before they can post garbage. But as the site becomes more popular on the internet the harder that becomes. It's vital to have a couple guys with coverage. We don't actually "moderate" threads on TOO. All we do is ban spam, maybe move a thread if it's in the wrong forum, and try to keep this place standing upright.

Red cloud AND Dannman... That'll be like having 2 super heroes looking out for the city! :smiley_cheers: :smiley_devil::smiley_bodyguard:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
See if there is a mod for this board software that asks a simple question and requires the user to answer it in a text box. It's available for phpBB, but not sure about this board. Your spam bot problem will be eliminated.

Thanks mike. There is that option somewhere in the admin CP options. I saw It once and haven't been able to find it again. When I get back from vinton county I will find it. Thanks again.