Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

bunch of azz holes

i allways stop by stick bow . and do a lil reading . dont post hardly ever most guys there are archery gods that have been shooting trad. equipment for at least a year and a half , and are total experts .
anywho . a guy came on and ask . i just got a new recurve . what arrow should i buy . out of all the ansers no body , no body advised him to shoot wood arrows , they are all saying alum. or carbon . what the hell is this world coming to?

i guess its what ever is easiest.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am getting closer to traditional. When I buy muh arrahs, I will shoot you a PM so you can advise me which aluminum or carbon arrahs I should buy!lmao

I shoot wood when im hunting or at bow shoots. I practice with carbon for a few reasons 1 they are more durable 2 i dont dont feel as bad if i break a carbon arrow or lose one. 3 i build my own arrows and hand crest them myself thats a lot of work just to beat them up during everyday shooting. But thats just me. Im currently trying to get Huff to trade me a dozen bamboo arrows for some maple and cherry boards.

Last edited:
thats the rooster . he is a good kid , had a ruff start in life but has recoverd great . he is less than 2 , and no! the lil basterd dont need a mtn. dew . :smiley_clap:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
It is funny how they get named. Mine kids are called "noodle" and "chipmunk" just about often as their name.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Basic Information
About hoot gibson

Interests
poontang

Occupation
self unemployed

Signature
just one string on my bow , not a basterd in the bunch

i had a friend once , he died.

Tried to see a bigger picture of it. Went to your profile to see the above info. Hilarious! I see we share similar interests though.:pickle:

2.5lbs/inch? I have some long arms. Will this affect the length or is the length determined by the length of the bow? I have a trad bow, but no arrahs yet.

Tried to see a bigger picture of it. Went to your profile to see the above info. Hilarious! I see we share similar interests though.:pickle:

2.5lbs/inch? I have some long arms. Will this affect the length or is the length determined by the length of the bow? I have a trad bow, but no arrahs yet.

IMG_1178 (640x448).jpg

Huckleberry Finn

Damn hoot cant believe you haven't raised the seat so he can mow on his own yet...probably could strip better than MH

Looks like you've gonna have a solid deer provider for you someday!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Fine looking boy Hoot. I am putting money on it, you will make sure he is ornery as his Grandpa. rotflmao

In regards to the arrows, you are pretty much saying go as heavy as I can find then?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Fine looking boy Hoot. I am putting money on it, you will make sure he is ornery as his Grandpa. rotflmao

In regards to the arrows, you are pretty much saying go as heavy as I can find then?

I have about 2.5 pounds per 2 inches....Hoot must be popular ;)

i was just being a dick . but yes , shoot as heavy as you can .
this is what i saw first thing this morning when the rooster woke up .. he is 19 month

Attachments

• IMG_1221 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_1221 (640x480).jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 145